How would you men feel when you agree to go meet her parents after two months of dating?

I've been dating this guy for two months and I like him and he likes me. We are not boyfriend and girlfriend yet cause we decided on our second date that we'd rather take things slow, even tho we both want a relationship down the road. . We are very affectionate towards each other, we kiss and hold hands and hold each other. Also

a few times he also has told me about how he wants to talk to my parent on the phone to get to know them, so when he comes over for dinner its not as awkward, which was weird cause I never talked about him coming over for dinner so I don't know why he brought it up. ..soooo recently I asked my parents if he could come over for dinner and they said yes, the thing is that he hasent actually met my parents formally..., in passing they saw him when he came to pick me up and they said hi but that it. The dinner is in a week and I want to know what it means to a guy when he is invited over for dinner to meet his dates parents and he agrees. Is he glad about it and is he seeing her as a future girlfriend for a serious relationship? Is this a big step for a guy?

* Also when I asked him if he would ever come over for dinner he said " if course I would! why wouldn't I?"

Most Helpful Guy

• I've never had a problem meeting any parents. They generally like me, a lot. I've been invited to lots of family events, and even family trips of the girls I've dated.

In my early 20s, one dad mentioned, in passing, about him having guns, obviously to "scare me" into being good to his daughter. I LOL'd and the next time I came over, I brought him some pictures of MY guns, and some of my shooting awards, along with my Firearms Instructor's Certification. We ended up talking guns for an hour while my Girlfriend just stood there shaking her head and laughing.

Also, in high school, this girl brought me home, and her mom liked me, but her dad barely spoke to me. The next time I saw him, I tried to talk to him, but he just didn't respond. It turned out that he was AFRAID of me for some reason. I'm not that tall (only 5' 10"), and I wasn't nearly as fat as I am now, but I guess he saw broad shoulders and thought I would beat him up or something. Why, I have no idea; I'm a nice, calm, easy-going kind of guy and never did anything threatening around him. Yeah, he was a smaller guy; maybe 5'5" and 130, but still; I didn't go around beating people up or anything. I never did figure that one out.

What Guys Said 3

• I'm surprised you two aren't an official couple yet. If he wants to meet them, it's probably a good thing. I can't think of any guys who would ask to meet their date's parents if they couldn't see a future with her.

• Stalin agreed to invade Japan after two months of the Nazi's being defeated.

Not because he wanted to, but because he had to.

• I wouldn't mind meeting her parents.

What Girls Said 0