I Am Being Harassed by Him!

I used to be friends with him and supposedly he liked me. I liked him too, but I knew nothing permanently was going to happen. We also went to the homecoming dance back in October.

I think having extremely low social skills caused him to randomly stop speaking to me at the beginning of 2013. It hurt, but I’ve been in this situation before and it’s not bothering me now. I have no desire to speak to him.

I’m getting bad vibes since junior prom is coming up and he decided that the first day of break he’d text me the question, “You going to junior prom?”

Yesterday was 3 texts, the last one with an apology that we haven’t spoken. Today I’ve gotten one text, one phone call, and one voice mail in which I don’t feel like listening to. I’m ignoring it, but I feel like my break is ruined with messages from him. I don’t even want to go to prom in the first place and I don’t feel like being used.

Questions: Is this harassment? Should I respond, what should I say to get him to go away? What do I say if he asks to go to junior prom?

I feel like if I answer him, he wins. If I don’t answer him, then I’m going to feel bad and it will be awkward in school next week. I think he will approach me in person and try to ease me into saying yes for prom.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hey there,

I'm dealing with something kind of similar...There's this guy who texts me a lot and will even call me like 4 times a day...I only met him about two weeks ago, on my way to base when the bus broke down and we sat and talked out of boredom. I don't know what possessed me to give this guy my number but...

Anyways, at first I answered his messages and calls. He seems to just talk on and on, and still asks me out and flirts even though I told a little white lie that I have a boyfriend. So I started ignoring him. So far that's been working...I feel bad though.

From what I understand, you don't really want to contact or talk with this guy. If you feel like its a situation where you can answer him and talk to him without making it seem like you're interested, or to talk to him and say you're not interested (in a nice way) then do so. If its too complicated or you just can't talk to him, I say try ignoring him for now. Don't let this ruin your vacation...

I hope I helped a bit, not sure if I did..

Have a good one :)

• Thanks for your answer! In your situation, it would probably be easier to tell him to leave you alone since you just met the guy, and it sounds like you don?t see him that often. In my case, I have 2 classes with this guy and we live really close to one another. I feel like if I answer him, he wins. If I don?t answer him, then, like you said, I?m going to feel bad and it will be awkward in school next week. I think he will approach me in person and try to ease me into saying yes for prom.

• You don't have to agree to anything. If he tries to get you to do it, just say you don't want to go to prom, that way its the truth, and you're also not hurting his feelings because you didn't say "I don't want to go to prom with YOU".

You really just don't want to go

• True. That's always an option. Yesterday was our first day back from break approached me to let me know he sent the messages. He was all concerned about if I ignored him which is strange because he didn't have a problem ignoring me a few months ago. I had to say I was busy and didn't have a chance to look at my phone. It sounded like he assumed that I didn't answer cause of the dance. I didn't say anything, and I'm just trying to stay away.

What Guys Said 1

• It's not harassment.

It seems that he really started liking you a lot.

• Well apparently he liked me back in October. Then in December I asked him to the movies and he rescheduled it. Before that week was when he would not talk to me even if I tried having a conversation with him. Now all of a sudden he wants to talk to me again? I just feel like he wants to use me to go to the prom since his family's bugging him to go.

What Girls Said 1

• I personally think you need answers from him, but if you don't care about him then just be cold like he was to you and send him a text telling him to leave you alone.

• Thanks for your answer! What do you mean that I need answers from him? And I would tell him to leave me alone if we weren?t in 2 classes together in school, and we didn?t live so close to one another.