Is he angry? What should I do?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for a little over a year. The thing is that we haven't had sex. The first time he wanted to do it I thought it was too soon and I refused. He said he understands and I can tell him when I'm ready. Lately I thought I'm ready but I don't know how to tell him that. I'm really shy and it's not something I can say aloud. I tried giving him hints. I asked to come to his house then before anything happened he told me that it's late and he would give me a ride home. Sometimes I feel like he doesn't want to. Like he tries to distance himself from me. Sometimes when we're alone, kissing, he breaks the kiss and turns silent. I think he might be angry but I don't know what to do. When we're at public and not alone he isn't acting this way.

Most Helpful Guy

• He's not angry. It must be that he's just upset that you don't want to do it with him.

Next time when you're making out, tell him that you're ready.

What Guys Said 1

• I think he assumes you still don't want to do it with him. He isn't a mind reader you know. If you are ready then you will have to outright tell him since I don't think hints will work since you told him you don't want to have sex with him.

I mean I am a guy and if a girl said that and then next week was hinting I would assume she was just teasing.

• I didn't tell him that I don't want to. I told him that I'm not ready yet. And it's been months.

What Girls Said 1

• honey, you need to go up to him and say " I love you and I'm ready to show you that I do." Sex is not subtle, so you shouldn't be subtle about it either. Good luck