Are these words the kiss of death from a guy?

I'll call you later. Well I called him earlier in the week he said he was taking a nap. He sounded like it. So I called him earlier the next day. He didn't seem to remember me calling and went into detail about a family member passing. then he told me I'll call you later. it had been about 6 days I saw his number on my phone. so I called him the next dayEaster and when I called I heard people in the background he said it was his family. Then I told him I was returning his call from yesterday Saturday. He said in a clear and raised voice I will call you later. Was he getting rid of me? a brush off? is he just trying to get rid of me. usually when I call he talks to me a good amount of time?

Most Helpful Guy

• It seems that he's taking things hard now that a family member has passed.

Give him space.

He's not trying to brush you off.

What Guys Said 5

• I really hate talking on the phone, and I'm only 19 =p. If his words are true, the death of a family member is still quite a toll on anybody. Plus if you called during Easter and he was with family, then he would've wanted to be with family more than talking to someone who wasn't a family member. It is rather rude to ignore your family and talk on the phone in front of them. Without too much background of how you met/why you met/how long you've been seeing each other or if you're just friends its hard to state what you mean to him, what his feelings are towards you.

• thank you we work together he has been to my house once, I have called and talked to him at least 3 times. he has called me sweetie and boo. hasn't asked me out. but talks to me when I call.

• You can always ask him out yourself too! Nothing wrong with the girl taking a little bit of initiative, it's actually very attractive.

• Guys hate talking on the phone. Couple that with what's going on in his life and the last thing he is concerned about is flirting with you for an hour over the phone.

• thanks

• I should add that while he might need is space now, if weeks are going by and he's not contacting you AFTER you've made a solid effort yourself to reach out to him, then move just move on. I'm just saying don't draw conclusions from a short time frame.

• His family member died. Flirting and relationships do not apply here.

• Explain your answer.

• The only reason she said that is because it's obvious he needs space to cope with the loss of his family member.

• I think he is trying to get rid of you. Give him a week...if he doesn't call you back or stops to see you in person, move on.

• It could be anything. Don't guess...

When I tell someone "I'll keep in touch" for me it just means (1) I'm busy right now (2) I need a little time to get back (3) Now is not the best time to talk...

What Girls Said 0