Have you ever had an awkward first date?

Have you ever liked a guy or girl and had the first date just be really awkward because you were both shy

Most Helpful Girl

• Hahaha yes, the guy was a total sleaze, he tried feeling me up constantly in a movie theater. He didn't even have the decency to stop after a swatted his hands, I'm not sure what the rest of the date would have been like because I walked out. smh

• Hahaha sorry that's really funny though lol

What Girls Said 15

• Oh where to start. Had a friend set me up on a blind date. He was nice, but not my type. After dinner he told me he had promised me a movie and would keep that promise whether we were interested or not (he could tell I was not). It was rather pleasant company, but awkward since he was the complete opposite of my normal type, but overall a gentleman. The next was with a guy I met through a dating site. I am bigger and NEVER state otherwise in fact I like to make sure they are prepared. So this guy and I go to dinner and he tells them to not bring bread since I don't need it. I told him I would tell him what I needed and nibbled on one roll to his five. He then asked about my meal choices and informed them that we would not be having dessert under any circumstances while looking at me. I left part of my food on my plate and he consumed not one, not 2, but 3 24 oz beers. At the end he walked me to my car (not fast enough in my opinion) and tried to cop a feel of my booty (I stopped it). He sent me a text the next day that I was not his type as I misrepresented myself as skinny(what! He saw pics) and that he didn't believe in being overweight (even though he had a beer belly). Then another guy I met on my same dating site went on a date. He asked me where I wanted to go and then complained about how much he hated Mexican the whole time he ate his entire plate. He told me he was broken up, but spent a majority of his time on the phone with his girlfriend he was not broken up with. When he walked me to my car he went in for a hug, grabbed my butt, and tried to go in for a kiss and I had to almost fight him off and he wanted to go home with me. I just wanted to get away as fast as possible. I sent him a text that I thought he was a nice guy(not), but that we didn't seem compatible. He sent back that he didn't like fatty mcfatterson's and I should have given him more of a warning. I told him he could plainly see my size in my profile and that he said he was OK. He told me he wouldn't have been mean if I would have at least done things to him in his truck. Needless to say his number was blocked after that.

• Do you get to know these guys before going on a date? They sound like total sleezeballs

• The blind date no, but he was a sweetheart. The other guys I texted/emailed daily for over two weeks each.

• I had an awkward first date once, and it was all my fault, only it wasn't because either of us was shy. It was because I got drunk and fell off my front porch into the bushes, and he had to haul me back out by my ankles. When I sobered up, I was mortified.

• My first date was sort of awkward...we both really liked each other but he didn't talk as much as me. He just stared at me a lot and smile. Also I had a wardrobe malfunction (OOPS!). But after the first two dates he started opening up so :).

• Yeah. I'm really shy, but I try to keep the conversation going and get a bit touchy. Some guys I went out with were incredibly boring and weren't even trying. They didn't know when to kiss or touch. So we just ended up walking and looking around. I went home pretty quickly.

• I was on awkward first date in High School that was like that. We were both kind of shy and we went to different high schools. Also it was a blind date which made things a bit more interesting.

• I've had awkward dates, but not because we were shy. I'm a very social and outgoing person, so even when the other person is shy, I tend to make them comfortable enough to keep the date moving along. In a few instances, their personalities were awkward as a whole. Just unusual people... Those were the ones that not even I could save.

• Yep. I was nervous beforehand, but when he showed up, I realized he was like 10x more nervous than I was so I relaxed after that. I found it quite charming really :)

• Yeah, the guy didn't speak much English. Crappy, but at least I tried to keep the conversation about the food going. Oh well, good food but good experience. Bring a translator.

• Yeah, there was this nice guy, who's too nice that what he always do is stares me and smile.. Creepy right..

• I have with this one guy from school. Well at first it seemed quiet. Then after a while he bought up about something we both liked.

• Of course there will be nervous in front of their favorite people, always worried about their doing a good job, but I think these are not important, we need to overcome the eye of the beholder.

• No but I've only had one first date and we knew each other for a month and a half before hand and we've been dating for a year and a half now.

• i had some awkward first dates but I don't think it was shyness I think we just weren't good together

• Yes, of course. In point of fact, I tend to date very introverted guys, and I am introverted to a degree when I am around a guy I really like, so it makes for a very awkward first date, but once we get used to each other things are fine. It's sort of like taking the first few steps into the ocean. At first the waters feel cold, but eventually you acclimate and everything is just fine.

• I went on a first date that was PAINFULLY awkward, once. We met in our mall's coffee shop first, looked at a few things and then sat down for coffee, the plan was dinner at my house afterward. He played with his "brand new phone" the entire time. I mentioned it once, joking him about it, and he just said he was excited to see what all it could do. And still continued playing with it, not talking to me much.

Then, we were going to go to a different store, so we're walking around the mall, still barely talking because of his phone, and then he sees friends and walks off to talk to them, leaving me standing there. When I approached, they talked, never acknowledging me at all. Then, his friends invited him to eat with them. He said okay, right in front of me. We walk off, he keeps talking about really wanting to go with them so I told him to go. He said he would call me after. I was furious and didn't want to hear from him. I get a text anyway, him saying that something happened and he had to go home. I just ignored him completely and we never spoke or saw each other ever again.

That's probably the worst date I've ever been on.

• Wow ya that's pretty bad. Just reading that made me uncomfortable.

• What a prick :P

• It was weird, I was so glad when that date ended! Haha!

What Guys Said 4

• Yeah. She was lame as f***. She had no hobbies, no interests (except for watching some cartoon I forgot the name of), and she was a poor conversationalist. Her life revolved around school (which she wasn't even that smart) and work.

• yeah we had nothing to talk about at all it was sad

• Damn lol did you guys just sit there?

• Ha I wish I looked like that for 5 minutes at any age :P

• Thanks man ;-)

• I'm REALLY shy when I like a girl, so most of my first dates are kinda awkward lol, but the shortest relationship I've ever been in was like 7 months so there's that aha

• I think everyone has or most people by a certain age have had an awkward 1st date or an awkward date. I did years ago. I thought I was a slick character but I had a sh*t car and it dawned on me as I picked her up what a dangerous junker it was. The date was awful as the tone was set with me slammin the wheel back and forth just to keep us on the road and me slammin on the brakes just to slow down a bit. She barely spoke English. She was Brazilian, green eyes, long dark hair and utterly gorgeous. I was nervous and did not impress her one bit. There are days where I still wonder what happened with her. Damn she was hot.

• Hahahahha this made me laugh my ass off. Thanks for sharing tho.

• :) you are very welcome. I do laugh about it today. I wish I could post a pic of what she looked like and I wish I could post a pic of the piece of crap car I had back then too :P