Should I wait for guy to decide if he wants to pursue someone else?

So, after stalking each other’s online profiles for a while, I bit the bullet and emailed a guy who seems really cool and compatible with me. He responded to let me know that, while he does want to keep chatting, he went on a date with someone else and is looking to see where that’s going before he goes out with me. I respect his honesty and appreciate that he didn’t just ignore me, but part of me can’t help feeling like sloppy seconds. So, am I a chump if I keep talking to him? Or is it worth it to see what happens? I have no intention of sitting at home waiting for someone that’s just keeping me on deck and do plan on dating other people.

Most Helpful Guy

• We are almost all sloppy seconds (or thirds or worse). Okay, it sucks to hear that you aren't the only one he might be interested in but, and this is really the thing that comes to my mind, you are really lucky that you met a guy who is decent enough to not engage with other girls before he knows how things will turn out with the one he's currently dating. So may guys out there, especially in online dating, that juggle multiple girlfriends and dates. This must be a guy that is actually looking for a serious relationship. So get past the fact that he would maybe consider another girl over you (both of whom he doesn't really know) and stay in there.

What Guys Said 2

• Dont wait for him like concentrate on other guys and what not and maybe when he has time or you have time let him send you a message but don't keep him on your mind it would just be wasting time

• In the dating phase, you're allowed to date as many people as you want, so I don't like his excuse.

What Girls Said 2

• do not wait for him. truth is on these sites most people are talking to several people at once and you just have to accept that. he can be an option but date other guys too. it's nice that he's honestbut don't expect much, just go with the flow and see what happens.

• Yes. I respect his honesty as well, but that does not mean you have to sit around and wait for another girl to screw up (or put out). I'd say thanks and move on. That way, if he ever does come back around looking for your attention again, he'll know he has to work for it some and you won't feel like the second choice.