Let me know you got home safe (first date)

A first date and asked because she worked until 7pm and we went out until 1045pm. She mention she starts work at 4am. She didn't get back to me so I assume she passed out right away. And I also passed out too(waited a bit)...Would it have been reasonable to contact her the same night or the following day sounds...Really you just never know and I sure don't want to come off clingy or anything.

Most Helpful Girl

• 1) You should have taken her home.

Unless you took two cars somewhere/since it's the first date she didn't want you to know where she lives.

2) Don't text/call her after the date to see if she got home safely.

Tell her AS SHE'S LEAVING the date that she should text/call you when she gets home to make sure she gets there safely.

It's understandable but not nessicarily probable that something happened. I'm sure she got home fine. BUT if you tell her to text/call when she gets home safely, that's sweet. Even if she forgets or whatnot, it's fine. Just remember at the end of the next date to call/text, you're good to go.

Don't call/text after she's already home though. That's kinda creepy.

What Girls Said 6

• I would say you could text her that night something like "glad we went out tonight. I had fun. Hope you made it home safely. I'll talk to you tomorrow". I know I would like something like that. And anytime I hear from a guy right before I go to sleep I fall asleep thinking about him. It doesn't' matter if I just got off the phone with him or just was with him. As for checking to make sure she got home or vice versa, I know I'm always worrying about others safety so I would text or call and ask or tell the person to let me know when they get home or wherever it is they are going. I know not all girls are like that tho unfortunately. Hope this helps! Feel free to message me if you need more female perspective :)

• I think if she agreed to let you know she made it home safely and then doesn't contact you, NOT contacting her either that night or the next morning would make it seem like you were being fake it didn't ACTUALLY care whether or not she made it home safely.

• No it's fine contacting her the same day to find out if she made it home OK. It's sweet. Shows you care:-)

• Next time, Just follow up the next day, you won't come off as overbearing since it was premeditated you or she would call to make sure she's safe.

• You should have got into contact with her. Say something like "I had fun, hope we can do it again soon(:" If you ask her if she got home safely that night, it will let her know that you are concerned and chicks like that.

• I would rather he contact me to tell me he had fun/likes me/whatever instead of the dutiful "did you get home safe?" haha. But obviously, looking at the answers so far, women have different opinions about this.

What Guys Said 6

• All honesty; I don't think she immediately passed out. I think she waited a bit to hear from you. When you go on a date, you already have some trust because not only has she agreed, but she didn't flake out. So with this trust you can freely inquire if she had a good time/got home safe that same day. No need to worry that it's 'too soon' to ask such questions.

• I really don't understand what you are asking. You were on a date with a girl and you wanted her to let you know she got home safe? Why didn't you man-up and escort her home?

• I've done this quite a few times - it's a gesture girls often take for granted...

They either don't let you know until the following day (too late) or they don't let you know at all...

I mean seriously - Do girls EVER call a guy to make sure "he got home safe?"... my guess is most DO NOT

• Being considerate of the well-being of others is always reasonable

• of course, you need to show that you care and a guy who can protect.

• You should've just contacted her that night.

That's the best way to check up on her and show that you care for her well-being.