Guys, would you initiate texting a girl if you were really interested?

I know girls read into texting too much and texting is just texting, but would you text her first? or could you like her/be interested and not text her much at all? Why are some guys so vague with texting? thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I'm pretty bad in texting too. I find it time consuming and after a while it's more searching for something to talk about than actually being interested in something. But that can be a personal thing. I also like mystery and therefore will try to be a bit mysterious. So I don't like to know everything all the time about something.

Now, for the question about texting first:

If I like a girl and I got or asked her number, I'll text her first definitely (is she doesn't have my number or if she didn't text me allready). I'll make sure to ask a question and you could say that my first text will be a test to check if she's responsive. Does she text back? Does she ask something (is she interested in me)? Or does she just answer very short? I'm just looking here for general signs of interest. If I'm in doubt, I'll text her again and do the same thing. If she now doesn't respond in a way that shows some interest, I won't bother her again as I don't want to stalk her or anything. If she is interested, it's her turn to show it by starting to text me. So I won't initiate anymore, she has to meet me halfway.

What Guys Said 4

• If I like a girl I'll certainly initiate texting. I'm not going ot go overboard but I'd probably text her once a day just to say hi and see how she is at least and converse from there

• There are guys out there (like me) who think that texting is extremely impersonal. I mean, it's way too easy to lie over a text message. And it's much harder to have a decent conversation when you have pauses of several minutes between exchanged words.

I lose interest in texted conversations very quickly, so I'm more likely to just call.

• Yea I'd text her first, but she would have to initiate a conversation first sometimes too, I wouldn't want to be the one to text first every time. I would think she wasn't interested then.

• The night I met him, he texted me making sure I got home okay. I texted him the next day, but he is kind of boring to text/dead end. Either he is just like that or it makes me feel like I am annoying him/maybe he isn't really interested. Seems to be some guys are much for texting anyways ha

• Well see how things go the next few days, see how he acts when you see him, if changes how he acted on the night you met him then maybe he isn't interested. Or maybe he is interested but doesn't like texting. Give it a bit of time still.

• Initiating a texting conversation is at the very least an indication of some interest.

What Girls Said 0