Dating is rough for okish looking guys

There is no denying it. Times have changed. Women are more into a guys looks than their personality and character. Yes men are visual too but yet we contiued to be blamed for that. Women are no different, so what's the issue? I been very dateless cause I'm average looking. No gal would approach me and flirt. And why bother going up to one and talk? They'll reject me cause I don't have "Model type" of looks. So am I right? there's no light at the end of the tunnel for average guys

Most Helpful Girl

• Do we blame you for it though? I feel like society just accepts men are visual but women get sh*t for it.

women are pretty much exclusively rated on looks, if you happened to get hit with the ugly stick, that's it, to the bottom of the dating pile you go, regardless of what other success you have in life,

with men, yes no one is denying women are attracted to good looking guys, everyone average has to work harder, but there is more flexibility, if you are average looking guy you just have to make up for it in some way, be funnier or more charming than the hot guy,

• It's more of women have a sense of entitlement. You see, men only have preferences. While with women, its more of looking good in front of her drama minded friends and family. A guy has to look like a male model and have a lot of money. Sorry but we guys are a lot more laid back than you women with superfical minds .

What Girls Said 5

• Don't be too negative. Looks only matter for a tiny bit but they don't matter once you get to know a person and in the end it all comes down to your character. I've been put off by so many 'model type' guys because they're either a) really rude or b) a bit dumb or c) only care about how they look etc.

And hello, it really isn't up to the girl to approach you and flirt. That's lazy. If you like a girl, go up to her! What have you got to lose?

If you're lucky, yes. There is a girl out there that would come up to you but would you actually be interested in her or would you simply be interested because she's interested?

Average guys are the best ones. Be clever, be original. Just be yourself and charm her with all you've got. If she doesn't like you, then her loss. There's a girl out there for you, you just haven't met her yet.

• I know what you said is true but the reality is "We live an industry that is based on image". There is a lot of model type of fellas out there with an extreme intellect and class. A lot of my male friends are like that.

• I think it is rough for a lot of people

• You probably are you after the wrong girls because your views aren't always right

• How can someone know if he is after the wrong girls?Please explain.

Do you mean they are pretty?Do you mean they are prostitutes? I read similar comments about guys are attracted to wrong women since the internet became so popular.

I know when a girls is attracted to certain type of men, the first thing that comes to my mind is his looks. Therefore, she should look good too.

If she is attracted to what he has(Car, Money or Assets) then that's a different story.

• He is most likely boy going after extremely attractive irks or anything but the ones that care about clothes and appearance and have shallow intentions. Being pretty doesn't make you shallow and being ugly or average doesn't just make you humble.

• *not not boy and girls not irks.

• I think dating is rough for everyone

• but you girls just have to welcome or deny advances, you don't need confidence or social skills

• Only from some, I do let guys know I'm into them and yeah it sucks when it's not felt back.

• Why are you getting mad about this when you openly admit that men have ALWAYS been more into a woman's looks? Fair is fair bro.

What Guys Said 6

• Don't give up. A very confident/cocky personality does work for average guys. If a girl tells you sh*t tell it right back. As an average guy most girls are average too and must not forget that. Good charming skills will never be out dated sir

• There are plenty of people that take ok-ish looks over a snotty ego-narcissist with a good body. Look at how many Q's we have around here complaining about girls with model bodies being stuck up all the time.

• No.

Most average type guys can get girls and relationships. However, girls won't approach them.

• You're right :) You can approach get rejected and again and again, and you won't feel to aproach a girl anymore, life sucks accept it or not :D

• the truth hurts

• If you're waiting for girls to approach you, then you have no hope. But the same would be true if you were good-looking.