My shyness is holding me back!? Not sure where things are at with girl?

Hope someone out there might have gone through something similar to me. Well I have gotten to know this girl in my college class (we're both 26) and we are at the texting late at night phase now. Nothing has happened yet but I'm not sure if that's down to me or her. The other night we went out with a group of friends and afterward we went to get pizza together (like we usually end up doing) and then after we went to house party for a while and then back to hers. I had a drink with her and her housemates and then they went to bed. Now before I go any further I am painfully shy and Haven't much experience with women, but I'm really into her and I'm pretty sure she knows it.

Anyway it was near 5am so was time to hit the hay, so was about to leave and she goes "sure you might as well stay here now its very late" ( I live bout 10minute walk) so I said cool and walked towards the couch, and then she suddenly goes, "you can stay upstairs". I was pretty surprised because this girl is not like "that" and is classy, (one of the reasons I really like her). So we went into her housemates rooms and annoyed them for a while and then went into her room and just talked and joked for ages and then just fell asleep. don't get me wrong, I really wanted to kiss her or something but I think my ridiculous shyness got the better of me (and her, as she's pretty shy too) plus I didn't want her to think that I was only in it for that.

Anyway, since then we have been texting more and it came up in conversation last night...well I steered the convseration that way haha...so she said something like "was prob just easier for you to stay in my room at that stage didn't mean by it that walk is bleak" etc. At first glance at this text I was like sh*t...I shouldve made my move and now she's gone off me. But now I'm thinking was she just testing me to see how I'd react to that message because in fairness I couldve walked home or even stayed on the couch that night? I don't get these flirting rules I'm afraid ha ha so hopefully one of you good people can fill me in. So I guess I'm asking what the hell should I do now? We have exams coming up so busy with study so I don't want to be texting everyday, annoying her and we're from different towns so its hard to meet up outside college, esp since we're not even going out. Am I stupid to think that texting for hours until 2.30am is not what friends do?

What Girls Said 1

• First of all, if you're 26 years old there shouldn't be phases. You're a grown adult, ask her out to dinner or something! If you have been hanging out for awhile now, it's time that you ask her on a date. I get that you're really shy, so maybe a double date with close friends is a good "baby step". Believe me, double dates make things so much easier and less stressful. Since you'd be with your friends as well, there wouldn't be any awkward silences. They're also fun! I'm 17 & my friends & I are past these "stages". By now you should feel comfortable around her, and be more straight forward! Girls like confidence, but NOT cockiness. So you still need to be a gentleman. Good luck! :)

What Guys Said 0