How often should I text?

Met this guy on Saturday night, definitely interested in each other, we kissed and exchanged numbers. He texted me Sunday night for quite some time until he fell asleep and also on Monday morning morning (we're thinking of catching up on Friday). I then texted him on Monday night just to say goodnight.

It's Tuesday evening where I am now, haven't heard from him today and I don't know if I should text him today...how often should I text him? Is it ok to send him a text in the evening once a day to ask how his day was? I'm afraid that if I don't text him now and then he'll think I'm not interested.

Most Helpful Guy

• Aww... man it's back to these mind games again. Honestly, I don't care if my girl texts me everyday. (Okay, not every minute or hour, but at least once a day is fine with me.)

But if you want to be technical with the "gaming rules", you're suppose to text once or twice a week only, so that's like maybe one every two or three days. The texts should be small and sweet, simple yet flirty. It's to get your significant other thinking about you. And for you to not come off looking as desperate despite the fact that you really would want to be with that person as much as you can.

Or, worst case scenario is that the guy never received the text. As fictional as it may sound, it's actually true but it does happen rarely though.

Anyway, if I were you, just hold up on those texts for now since you've already put yourself out there quite a bit. He'll come around (assuming he likes you back) so no worries.

• Every two or three days?! gosh it's going to be a long two or three days, it's torture for me lol. My intention wasn't to play mind games though, I'm pretty sure he knows I like him since I've made the effort to text him first and text just to say goodnight, I just wasn't sure if he'd like getting texts everyday...or thought he might lose interest if I don't show I'm still interested by texting from time to time (and by time to time I mean once a day).

• Ya I know, it's not your fault or anything. Sorry if it came off that way. What I meant was that (unfortunately) we have to play these little mind games in order to keep things interesting, so to speak, otherwise we end up just giving everything away and the fun ends way too soon. As much as I hate to admit it, but this is what we end up doing even if we don't want to. Lol I know its torture but don't worry too much about it though.

What Guys Said 2

• Text him a few times a week (maybe 2-3) - but make sure that he responds first before you send the next text message.

• Yea, lol you ladies think way to much into the timing of your phone calls and text messages. Don't go crazy with the text messages but you can text him once or twice a day if you text him very little itll keep him guessing as too what your feeling and itll probably be good for you in the long run.

• Hahah yeaah I know but I can't help getting a little excited, I'm practically having to sit on my hands to keep from texting today.

What Girls Said 1

• Txt him when he txt you. When you do txt him and he don't txt back then move on. Never over txt him it just makes you look desperate .