Dating And Social Media...

Took the girl I'm dating out tonight for her birthday, everything was great and went amazing. On my way home, I wrote on Twitter that I had a great night with someone special and wrote a little happy birthday thing on there.

I get a text 5 minutes later from her asking me to delete the tweet, saying that she doesn't like the world knowing how someone feels about her, or how she feels, that it wasn't her style. I suppose that's fair enough.

So I replied that I didn't mean to make her feel uncomfortable with what I wrote, and she responded that "I need to be careful". OK...

It just made me roll my eyes that such a small thing that was intended sincerely could bother her so much. I guess I know now going forward, but I was really thrown off by her reaction.

Update: What happened is that she's just a private person who's not a fan of personal affections like that being made public. Totally understandable, and I respect it 100%. She said it was all good last week, and all is forgiven.
OK, we're still dating, but maybe she is crazy after all...she's volunteering to work on the sidelines of a major city marathon today. I merely tweeted her "good luck today" and she blocked me. :-x WTF?

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people don't like social media. Lots of people have strange pet peeves, the question is if you can handle hers or if you even want to.

• That's a good point. It's definitely not a deal-breaker for me by any stretch, but I guess I was just surprised at her reaction. Oh well, at least I know now, I guess...

• thats good to know that its not a deal breaker for you! Remember not every woman is the same, some women may take such gestures as insincerity, the more you date her, the more you'll get to know her.

Best of luck to you!

What Girls Said 11

• thats kinda crazy.. I mean I think id like if someone would do that for me. it just shows you had a good time with her so I don't see the big deal that she's making. maybe she has family that she didn't want to see it or does she secretly have a bf? mybe she didn't want him to see it? I don't know just my thoughts... goodluck!:)

• That could be, thank you for your comment.

• wow, that's crazy its like she is hiding something especially if you didn't tag her in it somehow. I wouldn't trust her.

• That's just the thing, I did tag her which is probably why she saw it so fast. It seems like she's just a private person and at least now I know that...lesson learned.

• I called her and she's OK, thank God.

• thats good

• some girls are like that. some girls just don't want their business out there like that and other girls do. some girls put a little too much out there and some girls just like to keep things between her and her partner. it could also be bad because she might be hiding you. do you know any of her friends, family? how often do you see her? when you and her hang out is it normally at home in private or out in public in the open?

just my opinion. hope this helps.

• From what I gather, she seems to be a private person and at least now I know that going forward. I see her on average of twice a week, have met several of her friends and am actually meeting her family fairly soon (it's still a new relationship), and have hung out with her both in private and public.

• Yup, after talking with her, it's definitely that.

• well that's good. I'm glad yall have that open communication. :)

• She seems really reserved. Personally I wouldn't care unless you were sharing something really personal about me but I guess everyone is different.

• I suppose so...I guess I was just surprised by her reaction, since it was a sincere gesture not meant to upset her or make her feel uncomfortable, just the opposite. But anyway, I guess that's how she feels on the subject and at least now I know...

• That's weird; I don't get that...

• I'm not into Twitter, but that is crazy behavior. Seriously. She has issues or doesn't really like you IMO.

• in the long run-u two have different affectionate personalities-she will never appreciate you-and you will never feel satisfied-trust me-I have been in the exact same shoes-plus if she was "THAT" into you she'd like it

• I suppose that is a possibility, thanks.

• Sounds like she doesn't want to be taken off the market just yet. and that would kinda make it look like you two are together to other people.

• Maybe she is afraid that her family will know?

• Haven't met her family just yet (still a fairly new relationship), but she said that they want to meet me so I don't think that's it.

• Good:) glad all is well

• something shady is going on-but I had miscommunication w/my ex -wish we would have just been blunt upfront and honest-just ask her straight up

• She seems very mysterious by reacting like that. She might be hiding something.

What Guys Said 4

• Some people like to keep that stuff private. It's no different from people having differing opinions on public displays of affection. You'll have just as many people rolling their eyes at you for advertising your day on twitter because it is just another cry for attention to them.

When I logon Facebook the more minor the detail to me regarding their Facebook status, the less of a life they really have. People like me barely post any Facebook statuses because it just screams "I want attention."

• There was nothing "attention-seeking" about it, but whatever, you've got your view and I've got mine.

• Sounds like what I had when I got blocked... The last comment I made was just asking how her swimming was going and if she had improved from last time and I got deleted and blocked...

I kept blaming myself for posting on her wall but then I stopped and thought, "If she really liked me like she was making out that she did then me posting on her wall shouldn't matter".

Its a tricky one, are you still dating after getting blocked?

• Well, it just happened this morning, so I suppose so. The other key aspect is that she was volunteering at the *Boston Marathon* today...so needless to say, there' s much important things to talk about between her and I right now.

• Is this a question?

Sounds like she's shy and is embarrassed to see how everyone will react to something about her made open to the internet public like that.

That or maybe she's juggling around guys and doesn't want the other to find. You have yourself quite a predicament if the later is true.

• I think it's more the first one, thanks though.

• I had a similar problem with someone I was dating. I liked her a lot and she liked me so thought it would be OK when replying to some of her Facebook statuses to leave a x or xx at the end... without any warning I got deleted. I thought she liked me a lot as well and since she put xxxxx at the end of texts she wouldn't mind :( how wrong was I :(

• Sorry to hear that happened.

• np, annoying thing was she stringed me along for like 2 months after that via text saying how she still wanted to meet up and see me again and then all of a sudden bang it was like she vanished... replies to texts just suddenly stopped. And no she didn't loose her phone or anything :( my last reply from her was her saying "who is this" (she must have deleted my number) and when I told her who it was that was it, no more contact...

Anyway, good luck, hope it all goes well

• oh and I learned one thing from this... think before posting on a girl's Facebook page if you are dating / seeing her as some can be funny about it lol... me personally I don't mind, she could have flooded my page with messages etc and I would not care