How do I get a shy guy to show more interest in me?

So there's this guy I like and he's somewhat shy when it comes to me. We have a class together and I sometimes catch him staring at me. I know he likes me because he's suggest so many times that we should hang out. But we only text or Facebook message each other. In public, we hardly ever talk to each other, only when I approach him. When we text however, he always asks to hang out. Like the first time he asked was to get ice cream, then to go ice skating, and then to maybe play football together sometime (since we're both pretty sport and love football). However, I always feel like I'm the one doing everything. I always initiate conversations first, like texting or IMing him first. All my friends say he definitely likes me, but I'm not sure if he's just shy or not. Even though we hardly talk in public (unless I talk to him first, which means more initiating first for me), when we text/IM, the convos are long and cute. We talk for hours sometimes! Even his friends tease him whenever I'm around. What do I do if he won't do anything?

Also, he always compliments me, and always tries to make plans for just the two of us to hang out, but he never says a specific time or day. How can I get him to show more interest/try more?

Most Helpful Guy

• No don't show interest, do the opposite. Don't even look at him, than he'll iniate a text convo lol that is if he likes you. Shy guys will text first, but they will never say anything first in person. Texting is safe and easy anyone can do it. He isn't too shy to text you first, otherwise he would be the biggest p***ussy on the planet. Just ignore the hell out of him until he makes a move, if he doesn't than leave him, he ain't the man you want, he ain't interested, or his shyness is too crippling, you never know he might needs to see a shrink for social anxiety disorder.

• way wrong

• nah you're jsut trying to make her fail because it will make you feel better. I hate people like you

• taking your own bullsh*t drama out on strangers who never did anythign to you..

What Guys Said 8

• Show more interest in him. Make a move. Hold his hand. Drop some hints. Don't wait around for him to make a move, be assertive on your own. If more women would pick up the slack then more men would be happier that the pressure of a possible rejection became the excitement that a woman is interested in them.

• Are you sure that wouldn't scare him off? Some shy guys do get kinda scared when a girl shows her interest, don't they?

• I've been in this kind of situation too. And there was that girl that I liked and she liked me.

Maybe if I tell you, how I felt In this kind of situation, you will a little bit more understand that guy :)

1.Maybe he likes you, but he is scared to how it in public because of his friends.

2. Maybe he don't know how to talk with girls, and he don't want to sound stupid and dumb.

3.There can be that situation that he's scared to be rejected on the public.

4.Also it depends on what he's friends are thinking about you, because this kind of stuff can be because of friends and they thoughts about you. Maybe they think that you ain't cute, and they are saying that he can find better one, but in he's heart he feels that you are that one he needs :)

First you need to make that "face to face" moment and say hi, and suggest to go somewhere. If he's that shy, you need to make your steps first :)

• It sounds like he might be scared of talking to me because of his friends. They always tease him about me, but his best friend knows I like him, and he's been trying to get me and him together. So I don't think his friends disapprove. It feels like he's just afraid of talking to me when his friends are teasing him about me. Just today, he was going to his class, but his friends made him go stand with them because I was leaving the class and I always pass by him when he's with his friends.

• He's shy so if you like him then you will have to make ALL the moves. If you don't mind being the man in the relationship then go for it.

• Well I guess I'm not too afraid. But I'm not exactly the most confident girl either. But how do I know I'm not annoying him? I feel like I'm annoying him when I try to talk to him in public. Am I annoying him or is it just my over thinking?

• You'll just have to lock down a date and time and text him the day of to confirm

• Okay I'll try that. Hopefully I can get better results than just texting him.

• As the other answers state, unfortunately you will be making most of the moves. Depending on how shy he is. But plain and clear, to catch a shy guy, don't give us a place to run! Haha! As much as he likes you, he won't run. He's pretty infatuated if he actually makes the effort to hang out. Next time he asks you to hang out, set up a date! Pull him out of his shell! Good luck!

• What do you mean exactly by not giving him a place to run? This is my personal judgement, but I think that because he's shy, at first he was okay being forward because it was exciting and fun to talk to me (as me with him too) but as soon as the feelings he felt towards me became real, he started feeling the pressure to not screw up in front of me, and I think he's avoiding me because of that/not hanging out.

• Well, truth is you cant.. it all is up to him :\ He probably shoots himself down before and doesn't flirt cause he feels guilty about his sexuality or thinks he's no good. Whatever it is doesn't matter, the point is he's gotta challenge his own thoughts, but I guess you can encourage him by being super forward. Say what's on your mind. Its the solution to many problems people face were just scared to do it.

• So if I asked him if he liked me, would that be okay? I'm afraid he'll lie and say he doesn't.

• Yeah that could really work! We always complain how hard the class we have together is, so maybe next time we have a test, I could ask him to study with me?

• Perfect!

• You need to be alone with him, and your friends messing with him is killing his confidence.

• Can friends really do that? Even if they're trying to set us up together?

• Why not? If he is quiet, he will feel confronted. I know I am really quiet. One on one is way easier. Suggest doing something like fun like bowling. or mini golf, so he doesn't have to do a lot of talking. it will make him feel more comfortable, and he will open up to you, you just have to be patient.

• how are things going with him?

• Actually, I don't even know anymore. Apparently, he doesn't even try talking to texting me anymore. I'm just so tired of playing this game with him, I just think it might be time to stop. I don't know what to do anymore.

• Yeah I'm guessing that was pretty much it. I tried to give him the chance to be with me, but I don't know anymore. But the weird thing is, he seems to be really loud and confident in class with everyone lately, but whenever we used to talk, he was pretty quiet. And I don't know why, I just feel like he's over me and that he wasn't really shy after all...

• well, you can be shy and still be loud around a group of ppl.. Being one on one is a lot harder in a lot of cases, especially with the opposite sex... I donno though, maybe you're right :\

• You might have to approach him instead.

What Girls Said 0