I hate texting to get to know girls

I don't like texting someone unless its some one I really know well. Which sounds weird but I hate how texting is like a common thing when your trying t get to know a girl. When you don't know her and people behave differently through chat, so you arnt getting to know her better instead your getting to know the girl when she's chatting.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't like texting at all- unless (like it has been mentioned) it's for "Hey, I'm gonna be 5 min late", or "I'm here, where You at?" type of stuff. When you only see words on a screen, you lose so much meaning.. you can't hear tone of voice and you can't observe body language. Non verbal communication accounts for up to 80% of how we communicate and how we read other people, I'm not even kidding. I have been witness to so many fights and fits of hysteria due to texts that have been taken the wrong way. I have been guilty of it myself and also been on the recieving end.

Also people think that text-speak is a legitimate way to express themselves now, too. I have heard people say O-M-G, W-T-F, and I have even heard people SAY L-O-L instead of actually laughing. That's CRAZY! In emails and even goddamn greeting cards people use "u" instead of "you", "wat" instead of "what", and "2" instead of "to" or "too". WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?

Okay- sorry, I fell off the point which is that texting sucks and is no substitute for face-to-face communication, or even ear-to-ear communication. At least over the phone you can HEAR tone of voice or hesitation or if they sound uncomfortable or whatever.

What Girls Said 4

• I agree with you I think texting is pretty useless unless I'm making plans with someone other than that someone is just gonna have to call or meet me in person. But like on matchmaking shows and things of that nature I have heard on reports from time to time that texting is somehow better because like it's harder to hide personality and intent in a messge than it is in plain conversation. But if you really don't like it put out the disclaimer that you'd rather talk then text, if she only texts guess you probably won't get to know each other that well.

• I agree! Is this why guys don't text back always? Do they prefer to see us in person? The guy I've been talking to has slowed down his texting but when I mentioned seeing him this weekend he never replied to my text. Any thoughts?

• Soo you wait until you randomly see the girl to make plans?

• I think that's totally normal. Many guys, in fact, don't text. I feel that meeting someone in person is the more correct way, but then again, this Is a technological world now, and it's getting harder to meet new people in person rather than from texting or the internet.

What Guys Said 1

• use it only for meeting up and setting up plans to get together