Would you do a background/criminal history check on someone you began dating?

would you feel compelled to look up background information on a new person you're dating? Why or why not?

I do it. Most of the time the guys have come up clean, or with minor offenses I don't care about. I did a background check for a guy my friend was in a relationship with and we found out he's a registered sex offender. Eww

Most Helpful Guy

• Why not. It's like having a giant "weirdo list". If I'm gonna date someone, I wanna know if they're on it, and I expect them to look for my name as well. If you ain't got nuthin to hide, why hide it?

What Guys Said 4

• I didn't wanna pay the money for it. But they stated that her dad's profile was more interesting than hers.

• depends on the woman. I'd consider it, but I wouldn't do it unless it seemed a bit necessary.

• I probably wouldn't, but before we started getting serious I would love to ask them to be tested for STD's and any other diseases or sickness...lol

Sucks about your friend. I guess it really depends on the demeanor of the person.

• I have and would if I felt I needed to.

What Girls Said 3

• Sure if he sounds fishy but intriguing enough to date

• I haven't, but I so would on anyone my future children start dating. I'm going into criminal justice. I'm gonna be THAT parent lol.

• I never have, but why not? It's probably a good idea, haha!