Am I doing something wrong? Or is it just bad luck?

I'm having a really hard time meeting a guy I like and want to actually date long term.

I am attractive, well educated and have a friendly personality so in some way I think I offer a lot.

I get attention all the time, but not from any suitable decent guys that I want to engage in conversation with.

Last week I met a "nice" guy who told me he never saw anyone as gorgeous as me before asked for my number and I gave it because he seemed genuine.

We texted back and forth for a few days, then it just stopped, last text message was from me with no reply.

I really don't know why I'm finding it so hard to meet someone? I smile give eye contact if I like a guy so I think I do let guys know I like them, but I very rarely meet anyone compatible :-(.

What can I do to change my luck?

Most Helpful Guy

• Love has nothing to do with luck. Love has to do with attraction, similar values, and personalities, among other things. I don't think you're having a hard time meeting people. After all, quality is more important than quantity.

Just take your time. You will find someone eventually. You're better off looking for the right guy that does want to stay with you long-term, as those are the guys that are the most likely to commit. Love is much more than just simple conversations and texting. Texting is not that great a form of communication. If you really want to know whether or not someone likes you, you would have to watch their eye contact, muscle movements, and body language. So much less to hide than if hiding behind a small screen.

• Thanks for that, its really helped!

Glad I asked you to answer :), I always value both girls and guys opinions haha!

• No problem. I'm a calm person and I give respectful answers.

What Guys Said 1

• It really doesn't sound like you are doing anything wrong at all. From my experience, it seems like nowadays there are more and more jerks/creeps out there that women are dating. You should look for a "nice" guy and someone who genuinely makes you happy. It sounds like you are just having bad luck.

• Thanks, makes me feel awful though :( been having this spate of bad luck for a while.

• :) yeah hopefully, good luck with yours.

• thank you :)...best wishes

What Girls Said 2

• What kind of guys do you see as 'suitable' and 'decent'? Maybe you are looking at the wrong kinds of guys.

• Hold a conversation, talks respectfully, is considerate, gentleman qualities really.

• hmmmm, it doesn't sound like you are doing anything wrong. Might be just bad luck.

• Ha thanks, hope it changes though!

• you sort of sound like me. Youi have high standards and want only specific types of guys, does this sound like you? That's the way I am and yes it narrows down your choices. Id say this guy you met was like the other girl said just bad luck. I get the "youre beautiful" thing too but that's all they do, just give me a complimet but they don't try and take further action.

• Yeah kinda I want to meet a kind decent guy, and that rarely ever happens.

I know they find you attractive and then run off? I don't get them :/ that happens all the time to me. Get all these looks, approaches, say how stunning I look and it never materialises into something.

So what do you do? Or are you in the same situation like me?

• I know yes same thing with me, its very frustrating. I'm in the4 same situation as you ;(.

I don't know what to do about it. I guess I'm sort of shy and I don't put myself out there as I guess I should be doing. I'm old fashioned and believe the guy should be making the first move. I know times have changed but its hard to change what I've grown up believing. you prob have an :ideal" guy in mind with a certain amount of values. Hard to find that in a person. Hope you get answers from some guys!

• I know how you feel, it sucks boo! :-(