Where do you prefer to take someone on a first date?

Where I'm from, 99% of first dates take place at house parties with alcohol and dubstep/trance/house music blaring. Oh, and there must be at least one beer pong table and several bags of tortilla chips for no reason other than the fact they are easy to grab.

I like to think I'm more classy then that, but those thoughts quickly evaporate when I knock over several cans while reaching for my phone every morning. This is clearly no way to find a keeper. Going to the movies is too common while going out to dinner seems like an insult to girls who suddenly become hyper sensitive about their weight. I'd prefer other means but sadly I lack originality.

Where do YOU prefer to take someone on a first date?

I never said I want to go to the movies for f*** sake.

Most Helpful Girl

• id take him to go

hiking. (or)

walking. (or)

laser tag. (or)

tree climbing. (or)

archery. (or)

train ride. (or)

swimming. (or)

rock collecting. (or)

visit a cavern, ruin, historical site. (or)

learn sign language. (or)

museum. (or)

play basketball. (or)

concert. (or)

bumper cars. (or)

street festival. (or)

maze. (or)

science center. (or)

zoo.

What Girls Said 10

• You are right finding that someone while in an alcohol haze will never happen. You should plan your date around your mutual interests, go to a museum, a local tourist attraction or a festival. Pick some place that will keep you both interested and busy, this will help fill gaps in conversation, and the experience will give you a good topics for conversation.

• if the girl is like me no matter what she'll eat like she hasn't in days unless she's sick. otherwise, at the movies my boyfriend and I always make stupid jokes about it to each other, so both could always be a possibility if the two are very close and comfortable together. if the two are into gaming just hanging out at home playing Mario Kart is fun. Chuck E. Cheese as well(yes even at the tender age of 18 Chuck E. Cheese is a very practical choice). The best thing to do though is to ask the girl what she likes to do and plan from there.

• Movies is silly, because you can't talk. Dinner is awkward, because eating and talking is difficult.

You want something that is casual and not too intimate. (Or at least I do.)

Finding the common ground between your various, ah, "creative" suggestions, I like going out for drinks. It's casual, and the social lubrication can be useful. Otherwise, coffee or something during the day is great.

• I would prefer having a first date at an arcade,cooking class,laser tag,glass blowing class,art class,bowling,rock climbing,amusement park,a picnic,a live show etc.Any place where we can actually talk,and come out of our comfort zones.

• Personally, I'd like to take someone to the park on the first date for a picnic. I like to talk and you can't really do that at movies. I also think its more relaxed than a public restaurant.

• Take her to do something lightly competitive, like mini golf or bowling or something similar. It's a lot of fun and it's not awkward like eating out could be and it allows for conversation unlike the movies or a stupid party.

• Somewhere fun and social

amusement park

arcade

maybe the movies ect...

sports game

A restaurant is to overused and boring.

• Something a little more active or involve more "communication" than movies would be nice. For example, small cafes or hangouts with board games. In winter, skating is fun and in summer, maybe a little mini-golf at night?

Movies and dinner are nice, but you can't really talk during the movies and who wants to talk while eating? I don't know if I should answer you or finish eating if you keep asking questions!

• Back seat xD

A nice restaurant. Record store down town. Something really chill, no pressure and somewhere not completely out of anyone's comfort zone. Is better to be yourself in a place where you feel comfortable at. The movie thing SUCKS. First date you are getting to know each other and a movie is not the place to do so.

• Try tennis court and lunch, picnic, cool restaurant.

What Guys Said 6

• It can be hard to get too original and creative on a first date because you often don't know what the other person likes or doesn't like. The best first dates are ones where you can talk and get to know each other. For this reason, going to the movies isn't a great idea. Inviting someone over isn't usually good either, because that can increase sexual tension too soon.

Going out to get coffee together can be nice. It's a simple, relaxed setting where you can talk to each other. You can also go for a walk at the park or beach (depending on the weather), or some other location. The goal should be to find some place that is relatively quiet and generally relaxed without being too formal. Just have fun!

• My last 5 relationships began with a Starbucks date where we just drank coffee and talked lol. Something simple like that. If she likes coffee, then go to Starbucks or dunkin donuts, buy her coffee and just get to know her. It is a great start. If your going for classy, then just go to some nice restaurant and get to know her there.

• I'd like coffee, bowling...

• How about the park, bowling, ice skating, any activities that involves the two of you actually interacting with each other.the zoo fine, jet skining, amusument parks.

• I would prefer a gaming event, like a basketball or football game.

Movies can go well if you have talked to the girl a lot via text/call first, because you won't be required to talk.

Would not recommend the Mall or Restaurant.

• Chuck E Cheese...

It is fun in there no lie