Am I doomed for a life of loneliness, without love and friendship?

Ok, so I have never had any luck in dating, in fact I have never dated before and at 32 years old that's pretty sad. I am very intimidated by women and become very shy when I am forced to talk to them. Even I am at the store or restaurant, I probably sound rude and come off as a jerk because I am quite short with my answers and responses; it's because I am really nervous. It's funny, I had no problem in the Army asserting authority or make critical decisions, but I can't even talk to a woman. I also think that since I live with family (parents) due to some financial hardships in the recent years, it makes it much harder to have confidence to talk to a woman. I don't any woman wants to date a 32 year man who lives with his parents. I work hard so that I can get back on my own but it is what it is right now. Anyways, I just don't know what to do. I have tried dating sites and paid a lot of money over the past 5 years or so and I've had 3 dates during those years. I don't think that I'm ugly, I exercise and in good shape. I just don't have any clue what is wrong. I don't even know when a woman is flirting with me, if they do at all.

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds like you might have some social anxiety problems. I'd suggest starting to make small talk with women you don't find attractive to get some practice. Such as older waitresses and cashiers, etc. That helps you get used to talking to people in social situations.

Also, consider volunteering. Statistically, many more women than men volunteer. If you choose something you care a lot about (animals, returning veterans, youth, environment, etc) ... there will always be a good topic of conversation because the people around you likely have the same interest.

What Girls Said 1

• I can relate, ArmyTracker81. I'm 37 and recently began the whole online dating route (and dating in general) and talking to guys. I also lived at home until I was 33. So I understand your dilemma (and am in a similar boat myself). I'd like to talk more with you and I'd enjoy getting to know you...we can all use more friends in our lives and some practice with the opposite sex! I've never done this before...I tried to send you a private message via GAG, but it requires being friends first. I sent a friend request. I hope you'll accept it and we can at least start off with a casual "hi"! :) ~ T.C.

What Guys Said 1

• apparently from what I've observed it seems men are more prone than women to being late bloomers in the dating game or maybe men are just more vocal about it then women are