Why would my ex text me out of the blue one morning just to say hi

i haven't seen him for a year. got a text from him at 9 AM

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, without knowing anything about the relationship or the breakup, I can only speculate.

My guess is something made him think of you, and he decided to see how you were, say hi, let you know he was thinking of you. Maybe he wants a hook up or wants to get back together.

Why not just ask him?

What Guys Said 2

• Either he wants to be friends or possibly is interested in sex or more.

• He misses you, he is horny, he is lonely, he likes to f*** with you, he likes to play games, he has a terminal disease or a combination of some or all of these conjectures.

What Girls Said 3

• How are we supposed to make a judgement, you didn't provide any information at all. It's important to know when you guys broke up and why. How the conversation developed after he texted you this morning etc.

Right now we can only guess and I'm sure you want a bit preciser answers :/

• Maybe he is just genuinely interested in seeing how you're doing...who knows.

• Probably bored and wants to see if he can get something... or he wants to be friends.