Do Women Hate it When Guys See Dating Coaches?

Just wondering, what most women on GAG think about guys who see dating coaches.

• Yes
  • No
  • Neither or Both

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess it depends on what you mean by a "dating coach".

If, when you say that, you mean you're talking to someone who is teaching you both how to look for dates and how to improve yourself and present yourself in a way that comes off as positively as possible, then I think that's a positive thing. There's nothing wrong with acknowledging that you need help fixing a problem and then seeking it out.

If, when you say that, you mean you're learning how to be a pick-up artist, then I think that's really skeevy - mostly because I think the language and tactics that community uses are really objectifying and disrespectful to women.

What Girls Said 1

• seems really lame

• How so? Descriptive answers are helpful.

• Right. So, that's your impression of a guy who sees one?

Not everyone who pays to see one doesn't know how to socialize, but they just want to improve their "game" in some cases and think that spending the time and money on a dating coach is worth it.

• yep. that's what I would think

What Guys Said 1

• Why would they need to know if you are seeing a dating coach? Just don't tell them. Women read dating advice from magazines all the time, but they don't bother telling us they have been getting dating advice from a magazine. I just don't see it as something that is worth bringing up.

If a woman has a problem with you seeing a dating coach, then she doesn't understand what a dating coach is.

• Right. I read some woman's blog about dating coaches who really did hate dating coaches for men, and that moved me to ask this question on GAG.

I was wondering if most women in general think that dating coaches for men teach men to objectify women and just generally bad for them.

But, I am not 100% if spending my own time and money on one for myself is worth it.