I have just started using dating sites and I was trying to write my profile but had no clue what to put in the profile.
I want to know what does a girl look for when reading a guys profile. And what turns her off when reading the guys profile.
Most Helpful Girl
I did online dating briefly. Here are the things I looked for in order of importance:
1. Religion, since religious beliefs are posted on PoF profiles. I'm a Christian and I wanted to date a guy who is also a Christian (or Protestant, or Catholic, or whatever, as long as he believes in the same God as me).
2. Similar values. Is this a guy who's gonna respect my purity promise? Is he into smoking or drugs? Would my parents like him?
3. Intelligence. I check their "About Me" and see if they use spelling and grammar.
4. Personality. Does he seem serious or playful? Social or a loner? Patient or hot tempered? Kind or selfish? I might message him a bit to find out.
5. What kind of girl they say they're looking for. Do I fit the description?
6. Age. I'm 20 and prefer a guy 18-26.
7. Picture. Yes, I have to be attracted to him. He doesn't have to be super hot or anything; I actually highly prefer average-looking guys.
8. Common interests. It's not necessary for him to like all the same stuff as me, but maybe one or two shared interests so we have something to do together.
Think that covers it. :)0