Do people Have to have a date for prom?

In movies, everyone goes to prom with a date, so I was wondering if that's true. Would it be weird if I go to prom with my friends rather than a date? And should I even bother going to prom?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 3

• You certainly don't have to go; that's up to you. I went with a bunch of friends; we caused all kinds of trouble. I never would have had that much fun if I had brought a date.

• No I don't think so. For my prom, my Girlfriend at the time got busted by her parents for smoking weed and they wouldn't let her go to prom. So I went alone. I didn't really care though. My friends were there, the food was good.

• Let me tell you, I never went to my prom because I didn't have a date. I should have went anyways just to have fun. Don't miss your prom, you may regret it as you get older.

What Girls Said 1

• I went to prom as a junior with my boyfriend at the time and no for my senior prom I'm going with the same guy just as a friend tho so I mean it is up to you but I say go it is a great opportunity :) take whoo ever you want but a date isn't necessary