He said he doesn't feel much chemistry so he ended things so he wouldn't hurt me...

My boyfriend of a month and a half broke up with me because he said he likes me but not as much as he has liked other girls that he's wanted to date. He never explicitly said things are over, just that he really wants to be friends and see how it goes. When we met, we immediately jumped into a thing or a fling or whatever you call it. I honestly feel like things between him and I aren't over yet but I feel like he might. This is both our first serious relationship so we're new to dating plus I'm a year older so I feel like maybe he got scared of his feelings or something. Am I just being stupid?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think your age has anything to do with it. People that are in love can overlook age differences.

I think he is just worried that if he stays with you, he will miss out on all the other possible hot girls he could date. Instead of being satisfied with what he already has, it appears that he is seeking for something better.

Apparently he doesn't think you're good enough for him, and he isn't quite getting what he wanted out of this relationship. If so, then you can't force him to like you. If he doesn't like you, then he will eventually try to find someone else. So just let things run their course, like he said, and see how it goes.

• Exactly. Even of you have a lot to offer, QA, you can't force chemistry. I know I would not have chemistry with a lot of nice, smart, attractive guys out there.

What Guys Said 3

• I'd do the same if I didn't feel any chemistry with a girl. You can't force chemistry at most you can be friends. Move on and find someone else to date and luckily get a strong chemistry with. You might get the feeling of not wanting things to end, but you shouldn't get attached to that mind set, since you didn't fail. You just weren't compatible. It happens.

• Just to be clear of all the euphemisms, you got together and shortly having had sex a few times he broke up with you?

Is that what actually happened on a factual / physical level, or am I reading this wrong?

• This is the end, be glad he had the decency to tell the truth - allowing you for (more or less) safe exit without shaking stuff up, without drama and lots of pain

You yourself also rather may find "the one" instead of having a half-assed relationship which is stuck in a rut and where you're not treated good-enough and where you don't receive enough attention - a relationship like the one you just had now could become like that

What Girls Said 3

• I'm kinda in the same situation...

Hard to read all the replies you got here, but maybe they're right T__T

My "ex" doesn't wanna try and be friends first, but I think it may help you realize you're indeed different or something

• Please listen to him. He was honest with his feelings, and confessing that particular thing is so hard to do. Leave him be and move on.

• Pls move on, if a guy say that to me it means that he is not suitable for me. I don't like especially the part when he told you 'he said he likes me but not as much as he has liked other girls that he's wanted to date'

I don't like to be compared with other girls...