Wants to take me out but not a date?

This guy told me he wants to take me out like for dinner or something, but when I said "like a date?" he said no haha. What does that mean?

Most Helpful Guy

• He just wants to be friends. Although I don't know if friends usually ask each other if they want to go out to eat. Likely it is like a date, but he just says it isn't a date. I'm guessing it's a date, but without it being official. Don't worry about it. Just go eat.

Even if it isn't a date, who knows? Perhaps he's setting the stage to prepare for future dates?

What Guys Said 5

• Maybe he wanted to feel you out first. A response of "as a date?" may have made him think you weren't really interested, so he in turn acted as if it was not a big event (i.e. not a date). Just a thought.

Or maybe he just likes treating girls to dinners with no strings attached.

• He doesn't want the pressure of it being a date. Really it is a date but he just doesn't want to call it that. If you say your going on a date there is a lot of pressure on both of you by calling it dinner he's trying to take some of the pressure off.

• hard to tell. He probably doesn't know you very well and doesn't want to scare you off so he says it as kind of a casual lets hang out type of thing to just get a feel for you.

• He obviously doesn't wanna take you on a "date" he wants to go out with you on a date:p lol

• I think you downplays

What Girls Said 1

• It means that he doesn't want to take you on a date, he obviously just wants to be friends