Did my crush confess his love for me?

I messaged my crush the summer before junior year which was like July... I just tried making convo with him but he would just reply with one or two words... I asked him if he wanted to text and he said sure and I gave him my phone # and he never texted me... I ended up messaging him again on Facebook saying "i know its really stupid to do this over Facebook, but I like you... its cool if you don't like me I just felt like I should tell you" then he replied with "oh um ok" then I said "um so do you like me or not like I said its cool if you don't" and he never messaged me back...

SOOOO... the other day some number who I don't know of texted me a picture of him twice and said "is this the guy you like" then they said "This is (my crush's first & last name) and I really like you too I know that we didn't talk but I LOVE YOU" then they said "sorry so sorry so sorry this is the wrong number"... they said all that without me texting back and when I texted back saying "who is this" they never replied... he was tweeting about being with family before this so I don't think he was with friends when it happened, also I don't think he would give his friends my number by the way it was 9 months ago that I messaged him over Facebook back in the summer... it doesn't make sense that it'd be a prank cause 1. why would they say it was the wrong # before I even replied? wouldn't that defeat the whole purpose of the joke? and 2. how would his friend get my # over something that happened 9 months ago? I mean, if he gave them my # wouldn't he know they would text me? that's why I don't think it was a prank and it kinda sounds like he chickened out by saying it was the wrong number after... like maybe it was him and he finally replied 9 months later? by the way, I deleted my Facebook so he couldn't message me if he wanted to... today at school he was with a friend and I saw him look back at me and he looked at me a lot during class (he kinda always does)... I don't know what to think of this!? by the way he is very shy and inexperienced with girls and never had a girlfriend

Most Helpful Guy

• He really likes you a lot though his shyness is getting through.

Though, it's clear that it's his friends' prank.

• i don't think he would give his friends my # though & he wasn't with friends when it happened

What Guys Said 2

• It's clear that it's his friends' prank.
    Though, he really likes you a lot.

• You should just convey your feelings to him as well.

His friends know his true feelings that's why they are letting the both of you get close together.

What Girls Said 3

• Hmm it still sounds a little weird... Maybe don't read to much into it, like, it was through text message, If someone does like you they need to be able to admit it in person. Play it cool, if he confronts you about it then talk to him about it. Just sounds like its all flirty

• well I know I really like him and couldn't admit it in person and I know he's really shy and insecure about girls... he never had a girlfriend before

• Would you feel comfortable asking him to hang out one day? Maybe try that. Just need confidence in yourself

• Hmm that doesn't sound so good. Sounds shady. You want to be with someone who likes you back and won't find the need to text from an unknown number. Just let it cool off for a bit and let him come to you and talk. Guys can freak out if you admit to them first that you like them. It's part o the whole "guy chasing girl" scenario. If you leave it alone, and he tries to talk to you, don't ignore him just wait a few days then reply to whatever it is he has said.

• it wasn't an unknown number, I gave him my number and I didn't have his

• Thats either really weird or he's very immature. Wait till you get to talk to him in person.