Would you kill yourself in this situation? What else can I do?

Saturday I had went on my first date with a guy I have had a crush on for a long time. Anyways we had dinner in a restaurant and everything was wonderful until I started to have stomach ache but I ignored it because it was only a stomach ache. Just as we were leaving I felt a sharp cramp in my stomach and diarrhea started to pour out of me. Everybody in the restaurant including my date looked in horror. I ran to the bathroom to clean myself up and when I got back I had noticed that my date had left. I had to call my mother to come pick me up. It was the worst moment in my life. To make it a lot worse my date had told everybody in school and tweeted about it. Even worse my cousin and some of my friends outside of school are followers. So now they know about the incident. I am absolutely humiliated and I am afraid I will never live this down. How can I ever face my friends and family again? I feel that the only way to avoid the humiliation is to kill myself. On the other hand I know if I was to do that my parents would be absolutely devastated. My older sister has already died of ovarian cancer a year ago and I don't know if they could handle my death too. However, this situations is just too humiliating.

Thanks everybody I feel better about the situation now. Everybody is right I completely overreacted and appreciate your answers especially you xobrowneyedbeauty.

Most Helpful Girl

• no no no killing yourself is never the answer! that is an awful experience, but believe me it will blow over. and years from now maybe it will be a funny story to tell. I'm so sorry that happened to you but it's not your fault! and your date is a big jerk. like seriously. he told everyone and tweeted about it? how old is he, 12? come on. what a douche. move on from him because he is absolutely not worth any of your time. and anyone who is mean to you about is stupid too! I think a lot of people will feel bad for you rather than make fun of you so please don't worry so much about facing your peers. and don't kill yourself! that would not solve anything for anyone. and then you would just be dead. down the road, this won't even matter, it will just be a silly thing that happened when you were x years old and you won't even care. believe me, you WILL MAKE IT THROUGH.

What Guys Said 4

• Nah...there's way worse stuff on the Internet so imagine how they feel,..if anyone says something smart punch them in the jaw;) good luck

• no. that is not the answer. not at all

• there is only 3 instances where it is OK to kill your self. 1. you are in war and are about to be captured by the enemy and be a pow. 2. your were in an explosion and you are so badly mangled like missing both your legs and one arm, and you don't want to live like that. 3. you are trapped in an enclosed space that is on fire and your going to burn to death anyway.

this is not one of those instances. you will live I promise

• There are better ways.

You should just try explaining it to him.

What Girls Said 1

• You will get through it... or if it gets really bad move schools. Clearly this guy isn't who you would want to date anyways. It is extremely selfish to kill yourself and in a few years you will not think it is that important. Extreme overreaction.