Do men hate to date a girl who is his best friend?

I love my best friend who is a guy. But he keeps saying he can't date a friend just Because I know him inside out. I know everything about him including the women he causally dates.

Is it a guys thing that they don't want to date a girl who knows them too well? Or is there something lacking in me? He says I'm a good package for any guy but thinks he can't do me justice.

What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• This guy clearly doesn't want a serious relationship with ANYONE, and he knows with all of your history that that's where you would expect your relationship to go. He's simply not ready for that. In today's world, college-age guys are rarely ready for anything serious; most are in Party Mode at that age. But even besides that, some guys just don't want serious relationships. That's why he has casual relationships with other girls.

I strongly advise you NOT to wait for him. Meet other guys and live your life, and 10 years down the road, IF you are both single and he feels ready, then you can give it a try then. If not, then you didn't waste a decade of your life hoping he'd change his mind.

What Guys Said 4

• hey dear,dont be upset.you are fine,he might be shy with you to share things.I would always like to date my best friend(girl).It will be one of best because chemistry between us will be good.we knows each other,so we can enjoy things much better

• Thanks for the comment Harry. We share pretty much everything. But when it comes to taking it to the next level he backs off. Always. He likes causal dating. But he wouldn't do it with me because he says I deserve better. Maybe he is not ready? But I wonder if he will ever be ready. All he wants to be is friends :'(

• he thinks "you are nice girl and he is not so perfect for you" It seems that he is caring you a lot.Just assure him he is perfect for you and you love him a lot.Assure him he can do sex with you.One reason might be is that he has a problem down there like early ejaculation or low confidence of to satisfy you sexually.So assure him all these things.Talk to him directly in simpler way.Best Luck.

• Did you friend zone him when you first met? Maybe he just has it stuck in his mind that you're going to just be friends.

• Some do because they don't want to lose the friendship.

Though, others will still brave the ocean since they don't want to live in regret.

• Men don't want to know their girl as much as they know their best friend. We like mystery. I would hope women want the same

What Girls Said 1

• Do you know if he is attracted to you?

How old is he?

He probably is not ready to be serious yet. That does not mean this will not work out in the future, it very well may. Stay close.