Long lost love....player or for real

we dated for a few months back in high school but he cheated on me and that was that.fast forward 17 years.he tried contacting me on Facebook a few years ago but I ignored them. then this past chrsitmas I thought, what the hell. ill listen to what he has to say, and its not like any of that even matters anymore anyway. well, he said that he has regretted messing things up every day since we split and that I'm "the one that got away". he constantly tells me how much he still cares for me, calls and text all the time, until lately. oh...i also live about 5 1/2 hrs away from him and he knew that when we started talking and it didn't bother him. we have been talking about me possibly moving down to be closer to him but that's a big step without even dating him, but how am I gonna date him if I live so far away? catch 22. anyway, the past week or 2 he hasn't been communicating like he used to, and on my last visit he mentioned a few girls that continue to call/text him and that he has absolutely no desire to talk to anyone other than me. I'm a little gun-shy because he DID cheat on me but last night he didn't call/text at all and that's ever happened before. Haven't heard from him today yet either. I've called several times and it rings so its not dead. what's the deal here? should I start to be worried?

Most Helpful Girl

• You are entirely different people after 17 years. For him to still act like he was that in love with you after all that time was a red flag. He was grabbing for straws. Pay attention to a man's actions, not his words. He's already being weird again. Don't think too much into this. He's already blown his second chance.

What Guys Said 1

• I believe that when people break up and a good amount of time has passed by then it is not meant to be. Just leave things where they are and move on.

What Girls Said 1

• I have learned from past experience once a cheater always a cheater .Be very careful and don't make any quick decision's