What generally happens when you meet someone you found online?

This girl and I have hit it off as well as I could have believed possible online. Over the course of 2 weeks we're nearing 300 messages back and forth (no phone calls yet as I've been working nights since giving my number and she's been on days, we've both either been at work or sleeping til now), and are finally meeting in person later today. I've had dates before obviously but never a blind one... and I definitely am already attracted to her personality at least. I'm willing to guess she feels much the same, as she's actually the one who initially suggested we meet up, and when messaging her last night she told me she was going to bed early so she could be well rested to meet some awesome guy tomorrow.

Would it be weird to go for a quick kiss when meeting if the chemistry seems right? From the pictures she's posted online she definitely seems very attractive (or VERY good with photoshop), and we've gotten along very well even without physical contact so far...

How would you handle this? Handshake? Hug? Quick kiss? Literally all we're doing is getting coffee and roaming around a pier to enjoy the sunny day. I'm just happy to be getting out at all to be honest, but obviously anything is better with a pretty girl next to you!

Most Helpful Girl

• don't kiss her immediately. hug her. to be honest you NEVER know what the person is like until you actually meet in person. we always build up an image of what the person is like without trying to and the person will always be somewhat different. this is one of the obstacles of internet dating. best of luck.

What Girls Said 2

• ya definitely and don't try and hold hands right away either. It's ackward when you are just meeing for the first time.

• Quick side hug when you meet. Nothing more at that point. You can go in for a kiss later when the chemistry is overflowing.

What Guys Said 2

• I wouldn't go for a kiss; that's a little pushy, considering that you two have never met in person. Try to keep the meeting relatively short, like an hour or less. If she likes you, you want to leave her wanting more. Good luck!

• As for me, it's never happened and isn't very likely. But in your case, get to know her just a little better and just take it from there-