Should I really have expected more from a first date?

So keep in mind this was a girl I'd met online and had never spoken to in person before today. We'd traded texts for about 2 weeks (over 200) before we could finally meet up yesterday. We ended up going to a pub, sharing a couple drinks, and chatting for over an hour and a half before I had to bolt for a concert. No kiss, there was a lot of leg lean-age at the corner booth we were at and the occasional brushing hands, but didn't quite feel comfortable enough to go for a kiss to end the date.

Solid enough of a first date to build off of you think? She's already mentioned wanting to see me again when I'm available so I'm pretty sure I'm good for a second date... but I also haven't been on a date in 3 years now til today (broke up with a long-term girlfriend last August)

Most Helpful Girl

• you did good and were a perfect gentleman about the whole date. I think its a very good sign if she mentioned she'd like to see you again. plus its also good sign if you think about kissing her. don't let your gut feeling go with how you feel. too many people let their fears hold them back. I hope you two get a chance to meet up again and that things will work out.

What Girls Said 2

• Yes, definitely see where it goes! Keep in mind that meeting online makes things a little more difficult. When you first start talking online, you start learning little things about the person's tastes...he likes city life, she has a dog, he likes Chinese, etc. When you meet in person, that process starts over with the physical side of things: she has a mole on her cheek, he's so tall, her hair looks different from the back...and it throws us off, because if you'd met in person to start with this would have been simultaneous with getting to know the person emotionally. It's not a bad thing, it's just different. I met my boyfriend online, and while there was that initial awkwardness when we met in person, I think it disappeared a lot faster because we'd talked. Good luck, hope this helps! (:

• yes that is fine! you just met! people seem to forget that online is very different than in person.

What Guys Said 2

• Do you feel really enchanted or excited by the girl? I fyou don't have strong feelings, I'd hesitate about a second date. Especially if she doesn't contact you first...

• You two were strangers before the date so I think you did just fine.