I've never kissed anyone, any tips?

I'm seventeen, old I know. I've had boyfriends before, but the one I had the longest moved to Hawaii, then we started dating while he was away. My boyfriend didn't even know I was a virgin, let alone never been kissed. I don't know if I can tell him, but I don't want to make a fool of myself, any tips? This is weird, but can you practice kissing?

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't worry, it's not uncommon to wait for your first kiss. It can actually be a really good thing! I was 18, in a similar situation...met a great guy, he was 20 and had just gotten out of a serious relationship...I'd never so much as held hands with a guy before. I didn't tell him that till much later, after we'd been together several months, but turns out he'd figured. So you may not even have to tell your guy! I'm really glad I had my first kiss with mine, and when I eventually let him know that, it made him happy too.

As far as practicing kissing, no, unfortunately there's no practice that compares to the real thing. Don't worry though, when the time is right he will almost certainly take the lead! Guys usually initiate the first kiss, and after that you'll have a better idea of what you're doing. Once you've shared a few little pecks with him, you can suck gently on his bottom lip, then switch to the top...trust me, after you've done this a few times, your body will let you know what to do next. One more thing: when you're kissing him, remember to use your hands to touch him too. You can start out with the most innocent things (cradle the back of his head/neck, wrap your arms around his back, etc) then move on from there. With a little practice it really will come naturally, I promise! (:

• Yep, I think this is really good advice. You can let the guy make the initial move but it helps if a girl seems comfortable/interested in the moment so that a guy doesn't have to guess... it's hard to explain but girls just sort of have a way of putting out a vibe that lets a guy know... eye contact, body language, the way a girl smiles, etc. Just try to help a guy out by giving him subtle signs on your end.

And once the kiss does happen try to relax...less is more with a first kiss.

What Guys Said 4

• I am from India and here it is a very common thing that a girl and a boy may have not kissed each other any way before marriage. I some communities they might have not shake hands too. It can actually be a really good thing and biggest gift for your life partner and it is not uncommon to wait for your first kiss. Boys usually initiate the first kiss, when the time is right and he will certainly take the lead. After that you can suck gently on his lip, and it will come out automatically what to do next. Nature has designed everything nicely, trust and honor nature. Nature has prepared and kept everything ready for you, it will come to you in right time, but keep your efforts on.

• Tell him and just say that you have never trusted anyone enough to go as far as kissing, this will get his attention in a good way, and kissing comes naturally, but to practice, put your finger in your mouth, and pretend its his tongue, and play with it as you see fit with your tongue, this is what you do when you kiss,x

• I doubt anyone will think less of you for not having practiced.kissing. It's not like the piano, where your your teacher will get upset with you.

I think you can figure it out on your own, without even a coach.

• Im 20 and never kissed anyone :'(

What Girls Said 1

• Don't tell him! Just go with it. Last thing he'll be thinking is your a good kisser