My boyfriend thought we had been dating for longer than we have

I told him we'd be 1,5 years into our relationship in a few weeks, when we each start our summer internship. And he was like "Oh really? I thought we been together for 2 years already." I thought it was kinda odd (we started dating in November last year). Any thoughts?

As far as counting goes, he knows I count from when we became official, and he knows it's in the beginning of November. So I don't think his 2 years is due to counting from a different date.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe he just meant it felt like you'd been together longer? My boyfriend says things like that too. I think guys just see things differently sometimes. As long as he remember the big anniversaries, try not to read too much into it (:

What Guys Said 1

• Either his memory is a little different, or maybe he started counting at a different time that you started counting.

Another reason could be that it doesn't matter to him. Guys don't count how long they date as much as girls do.

• You're not going to hold it against him if he doesn't remember exactly, are you? Remember, don't sweat the small stuff.

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe he started counting from when you were dating and you from when you were officially together? Maybe you just started counting from different dates.

• My thoughts are whether you've been together 18 months or 24 you'll have more to come if you give little meaning to discrepancies like this. Personally I forget all the strings attached with dating and have fun together. In the end they don't count