Would it make me look desperate if I messaged a guy on a Saturday night on a dating site?

I've heard that you may look kinda desperate or lonely if you get on a dating site on Friday or Saturday nights. Or if you have any other tips about online dating.

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe women might say you are desperate, but they often talk trash about other women. I haven't met any guys that look down at women that meet guys on the internet. It has NOTHING to do with what day of the week you are on there. I mean, aren't the guys you will be meeting on the website on a Friday or Saturday as well? Most of the people on dating sites are guys. Most guys think of it as a logical way to meet a person that is looking for the same things you are looking for. If you really want kids, why waste times getting to know someone that never wants kids? Online dating cuts through all of that.

Be prepared for a bunch of pervs to send you pics of their junk. If there are 10,000 men on the site, and 100 of them are pervs, every women will get emailed by the 100 pervs. It really makes the rest of us guys look bad.

• Thanks! Oh trust me I've got my share of the pervs, and the tools, and the straight up a**holes who literally just message me for an insult! Ugh the nerve of some people! but right now I have my profile "hidden" so only the guys I contact will see my profile.

What Guys Said 7

• No way. It shows you are actually interested in them. I have my profile up and I don't message anyone because I got burnt out from the crazy people on there. So basically I am looking to be messaged and there'd be no point in having the profile if I was just going to call a woman desperate for messaging me.

Most of my successful meets have come from woman messaging me first. The others I'd talk to would not meet me so if I message someone first, I am mentally prepared for the fact that there will be no meet up. Same goes for them messaging me but a much lower probability.

Other women may talk trash and if they do just feel sorry if any of them have a boyfriend because that guy is probably being treated like trash. Anyone talking trash about a girl taking initiative probably has a ridiculous ego and would probably get more gratification sucking away attention from desperate guys instead of being in a successful relationship.

As for the Friday or Saturday part, what's wrong with staying in every once in a while? I wouldn't be surprised if a majority of the guys on these dating sites are staying home playing video games all night anyway.

• Thanks for your input! It's nice to hear from someone who has experience in what I'm doing! :)

• I think it is complicated because initially guys love girls who are isolated/lone wolves/lonely which messaging on a Friday/Saturday night might convey because it means they might have a reasonable chance of getting your attention. However, depending on the guy he could think of you as an easy girl to get and then down the road when you all are dating he'll think you're interested in every guy/ just settled with him--depending on his level of confidence.

• What did you do to get these packs bro ? Any tips for me ?

• You make a valid point, thanks for the input!

• haha heavy squats+dieting/supplementing right

• Why would it matter, you are already desperate since you are using an internet dating site.

• How does a dating site make me desperate? Would you rather me go whore myself in a club? No, that doesn't work for my lifestyle. I don't understand why you would make a comment like this? Why assume that since I have a dating site profile I'm desperate?

• For me - No, it is not desperate

For shallow individuals, it REALLY is.

• How do you do that ? I wanna do it too lol ? Help me ?

• You can do that on plenty of fish, just hide your profile and you can do what ever.

• No I mean dating ? Online dating ?

• Idk...I'm just trying it. That's why I asked a question. I have a few friend that found their boyfriend of 4+ years online. I'm not a big person for social scenes and thought of trying online. I never said I loved it, I'm just testing the waters.

• It's not making you look desperate.

Actually, it a good time to connect with guys you like.

• nah, you'll be fine. Go for it

What Girls Said 1

• I've never heard that before. Unless you are signing on and messaging to try to get a date/hook up for that night, then I don't think you have anything to worry about haha