When do you know for certain that a guy is ready for the "exclusivity" talk?

What are some tell-tale signs that he doesn't want to date other women? I want to bring it up, but I don't want it to be too soon and scare him away.

We've been on 6 dates now and so far everything is going well. We've fooled around, and I've slept over at his place, but we haven't had sex yet and insists that, despite wanting to sleep with me, we should hold off. He picks me up and drives me home, walks me to my doorstep and has cooked me dinner. When I've slept over, he's asked me out for breakfast.

He seems like a really genuine guy, but I'm not sure if he's being a gentleman, or if he's hesitating for some other reason, like he's not sure whether or not he's ready to take that step because he's not sure how he feels about me, maybe (re: sex)? Should I be worried? Should I just be more patient and give him more time? Or is it safe to assume that he likes me enough that "the talk" wouldn't scare him away?

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like he is a real gentleman, but to know if it's because he wants to be exclusive to you you need to talk to him about it. There's no other way to find out, and it's best not to assume. If you feel awkward being direct about the conversation you can probe around with questions. He obviously has respect for you, wanting to hold off on sex...so if he continues to treat you this good, and it's going at a good pace, I would think he's cool with being exclusive.

What Guys Said 2

• I say go for it. 6 dates is a good amount of time and things are being taken slowly.

• You shouldn't be worried.

Things are going well just fine.

What Girls Said 2

• He sounds like a good guy so lucky you! I think it is OK, maybe not outright ask it, but hint at it. Maybe ask if he sees anyone else or where does he see you two heading. Otherwise, enjoy the relationship as it progresses and blossoms.

• Things are going great. He seems like he could just have a lot of respect for you and be worried that introducing sex into the relationship too quickly might ruin things between you. I really do think he's being a gentleman. Not every guy who doesn't jump you the first opportunity is "unsure about his feelings." (Not that I think you think that, just making a point.) There are a lot of utter jerks who would have sex without feelings for you, so take his hesitation as a good sign.