Why should we text and start conversations first?

Recently my girlfriend doesn't text me unless I text her first. I couldn't go days without sending a text but she could easily go days without it. Also when we see each other during the day she will sit there and make an awkward silence and not speak to me so I always try to ask her questions to spark conversation. It's quite rare that she will ever ask me a question to try and start a conversation. I want to know why she does this. It's like she sits there and won't talk to me unless I start the conversation. I need to know why some women do this? Help me out people.

Most Helpful Girl

• She seems pretty young. It seems like you guys need to spend more time together if it's awkward for you guys to even talk. Try just being a friend first. If you guys are already together I find it weird that she doesn't text you first and the fact that she can go days without talking to you strikes me as odd. I'm introverted, but if I want to talk to a guy that I know for a fact likes me, I will. Or she might feel guilty about something? I'm not sure because I don't know her, but if she usually talks to you and it isn't awkward, there's probably something she's not telling you. No harm in asking her what's up!

• I always ask her what's wrong say if we don't speak as often or something is clearly getting her down, but all the time she replies with "nothing" which I'm sorry but I know she lies every time she says that. I guess she just doesn't trust me.

What Girls Said 7

• It kinda sounds like she's losing interest. You could always ask her why she seems distant lately.

• She's probably shy about having conversation. Maybe introverted. If she doesn't text you, then she wants you to take the lead. She may not want to come off as needy. She may be very traditional. I'm the same way with texting. Guys sometimes get the wrong impression with things, so it's best that they do the work sometimes.

• uhm some girls do that to see if the guy has any interest in her,

or she just won't say/ask anything first cause she's simply just not interested.

thats why people ask questions is cause there interested or curious, ya know?

but it just seems like she's not interested/lost interest in you..

&if you really wanna know, ASK HER. don't be too shy if your in a relationship with this chick.

be open and ask her why she's doing that..

good luck to ya dude.

• I used to do this because I am pretty awkward and my boyfriend would kind of make fun of me when I said certain things or asked certain questions, so I kinda became discouraged from talking to him...I decided I would just let him start the conversations. We broke up after a while, just weren't right for each other.

• Thats what happened to my last relationship. I just lost interest and didn't care to talk anymore because I didn't care so much . She's bored of you. Do something spontanious. Flowers?

• She might be shy. :)

• Sometimes people just don't feel the need for conversation. If she isn't speaking with you while you're together, it could just mean the silence is comfortable. If it's changed drastically, however (meaning she seems like she's giving you the cold shoulder), then confront her about it. Ask her why she seems so silent lately. She might not give you the response you're looking for or may act like nothing is wrong, but letting her know you're concerned is important.

What Guys Said 0