Why do girls keep online dating profiles while in a relationship?

OK Personally if I met a girl from online dating I would think that going exclusive means taking the profiles down. I am noticing that some girls online change their status to "Seeing someone" and keep the profile up.

What is the purpose of this? I would think that all that would happen is that guys would just keep trying to hit on the girl right?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know about others who do this, but I have mine up so that I can go back and read my messages whenever I feel like it. I've gotten some really funny ones that I like to go back and laugh at every once in a while. I also met my boyfriend through the site, so I like to go back and read our messages from before we met. I figure it's not hurting anybody and anyone can look and see that my profile says "seeing someone," so I can't be bothered to deactivate it.

I will say that some people ignore the "seeing someone" and message me anyway. Even though I rarely log in to the website anymore, I get an email every time someone messages me. So maybe some people also do it for the ego boost of being able to read messages.

What Girls Said 2

• Depends on what site. My boyfriend and I met on Match, which was pretty expensive, so we both left our profiles up (though we quit talking to other people) until we were sure we wanted to be together and didn't need them anymore, because if you cancel before your time is up you can't get it back. So if you just became "exclusive," I wouldn't worry about it too much. If she has it up 4 months from now, then you might have reason to worry...

• If I had an online dating profile I wouldn't take it down unless I was in a serious relationship because I would want to continue dating other people.

• Well if there was an exclusivity talk would you?

• If it was serious and I knew I was going to stick with him for a while, yes.

What Guys Said 2

• Easy answer. Women like keeping someone "on deck" while they're dating. That way if things don't work out or they boyfriend leaves town, they start something up.

• It would just to repel guys from hitting on them.