Text or call schedule first date?

Title says it all. Me and this girl are in college. We don't know each other well at all. And it'd be our first time hanging out on what I presume would be a date. So would a text to ask her out or a call be better?

• Text
  • Call

Most Helpful Girl

• Texting is easier and more casual. If you don't know her too well I would text her.

• That's the point... do I want it to be super casual, or do I want to stand out and be different by calling? I feel like a text is better, but for some reason my gut is pulling me towards calling...

What Girls Said 4

• call her, texting is good if your nerves are bad or your not sure how she would respond. but sense she text you back (she could have been busy after that last text or perhaps sleeping? you are collage students after all, as a student myself I know how tired/busy you can get.) she will probably answer your call if she can. maybe call her at a time you can be pretty sure she is at home/in her dorm? if she doesn't answer leave a voice mail askin her to call you back...thats what I would do

• call her! it's much more formal and serious, it's more proper and your being a true gentleman by asking instead of just texting.

• Even though I don't know her well at all? I will have known her for less than a week.

• ya, saying it in person is always best, but 2nd best is calling, makes it more personal and she'll appreciate it, hearing it rather than just a text.

• Once, you get to know her better call her, but this time just text her :)

• We met on Thurs. Texted a bit then and then texted a bit last night (but she kinda ignored my last text or didn't feel a need to respond). When would be the best time to contact her to ask her about going out? I was thinking Weds, but would that be too late to ask about the weekend?

• just text her anytime and ask

• Text

What Guys Said 1

• You should just call her.