Why did a 38 year old guy just disappear while dating?

Was dating an older guy, bout 10-11 years older. Felt like we hit it off and were really getting on well. Had a connection. But after a month, he up and disappeared, no response. Nothing. What happened? I realize he may have lost interest, but why not say so? Do commitment phobic people act like this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because he's either dead, or an inconsiderate a**hole.

What Guys Said 4

• When my friends date 20 yar olds, I I ask them if their bracess are off yet, and whether they have their wisdom teeth yet, and so forth.

Maybe he couldn't take all the ribbing from his buddies about the age difference, and just decided to split without giving any embarrassing explanations about his guy friends teasing him!

• You think late 20s is bad for someone in their mid to late 30s?

• Not necessarily bad, but his friends would sure kid him about it...

• you sure he isn't married?

• I don't think his age has anything to do with the fact that he disappeared. Did you try to find out what happened to him? Perhaps he was in an accident and got hospitalised?

• It must be that he lost interest, or he found a new girl.

What Girls Said 4

• Some guys have a habit of doing this when they either see something in the girl that put them off, or they meet a new girl that has captivated their attention, and they're too afraid to let you know. It is rude though, and I think you can now see why a guy his age was dating a girl so much younger to begin with (IE maturity isn't his strong suit).

• same thing happened to me. no idea why.

• He found someone else.

• Men in general act like this... this is how they dump us. They just vanish leaving us wondering WTF is happening! I absolutely HATE it!