What Dating Advice Would You Give To Your Younger Self...

...or to all the young girls and guys on GAG.

My advice to myself (seeing how I was freaking out a few weeks ago about the guy I'm seeing) is CHILL and Have Fun! Now we're girlfriend/boyfriend and progressing nicely :).

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say to stop worrying so much over every small little thing :) I still do it now, but I can tell its lessening, and its really making my relationships a lot happier ^_^

What Guys Said 8

• don't start datng before at least 16. Do group dating instead of couples dating, untily you're mature and sure of yourself and your partner. Don't ever be in a hurry to be exclusive; value your freedom while you are young, and make your first time something you will want to remember years later...

• My dating advice to my younger self:

1. Women have no value to you as friends. Pursue meaningful male camaraderie.

2. Start working out early on.

3. I can't stress enough how much you don't need female friends.

• Why No Female Friends?

• I think I was in a mindset in my younger years where I thought friendship was a good prerequisite to dating and that just isn't the case.

Learning that far earlier would have saved a lot of time.

• my advice would have been to never date. Casual hookups are the way to go.

• You serious?

• yeah, could have hooked up with at least a dozen more women if I wasn't dating someone at the time... and I don't have the 'heart' to break up with someone, so I just wallow..

• My advice to my younger self: Becoming a Man is not easy. Embrace as many experiences as you can, embrace them all, the good ones, and the bad ones, and keep on learning. Remember that the finish line is your own Manhood. You won't regret it.

• go for the kill a lot earlier. ...or just go for the kill period.

• Don't do it, kid. Focus on school, friends and learning to play that guitar.

• Don't give your heart to the dancer, she's dangerous!

• Being more talkative would help

What Girls Said 5

• I would tell myself to think wisely before jumping into a relationship. I have dated a few guys but I only had two official long-term boyfriends and both instances would have been better if they never happened.

The first one had been my best guy friend and I thought it would work because that's what happens in all the movies and television shows. But what the shows and films don't show is that after the credits roll and the final season ends, the guy ends up cheating on her and spreading awful rumors about her to save his own face.

The second one was a guy I had known for a while but I didn't really /know/ at the time we got together. I just knew he was smart and incredibly attractive and funny. I didn't know he was a pretentious a**hole who thinks he's always right and that anyone who disagrees with him about anything is stupid and wrong.

Worse than that, they're both friends with a guy who I have actually taken the time to think about and realize that he might be right for me. But since I was a stupid high school kid, I'll probably never get to be with him because of the stupid bro code.

So yeah. Basically think first.

• My advice to myself: Hot guys can like you. Even though you perceive yourself as ugly, guys much hotter than you CAN like you. So go for it.

Whenever I noticed a cute guy looking, I always shrugged it off as coincidence due to my insecurity. I lost a few good guys that way.

• Dear high school freshman,

Stop daydreaming all day long. You liked him your whole life and you will finally get to know him by pretending to want to be his friend. When you do, it'll pass. He is actually stupid and it'll just become too unattractive. Focus on yourself, work on your appearance more, focus on chemistry and bio, and give all your time to your family and your true friends.

You'll learn this lesson way too late. And when you finally do, guess what? He'll fall for you.

But like I said, that won't matter.

• I still don't have advice, lol but I have the ugliest face on the planet so I have a good excuse.

• Never Flirt With Men Who Say They Are Gay .