I can't decide... should I call or text this girl?

Well I just asked a similar question yesterday, and I'm just looking for a few more opinions since my last poll split 50/50 haha.

So I met this girl only 5 days ago. In that time, we've texted on two different days. Not long conversations at all... maybe a total of 20 messages. Now I'd like to ask her out on a date for this Friday or Saturday. Either to the local science museum or a comedy club. Should I text her to ask, or should I call? We're in college, so I don't know her schedule at all...

There are pros and cons of each. Call shows more confidence, that I'm serious about it, and it's different than most guys. But I might call when she's busy or she might not be comfortable with a phone call from someone she doesn't know well yet. Texting would be easier for both sides, she could respond whenever she has time, and it would be casual. But at the same time, I'd be like most other guys and she might be looking for something different.

Any opinions? Thanks! Go ahead and answer the poll and/or post a comment :)

• Call for sure
  • Texting is the best
  • Either is good (try not to choose this one if you do lean either way at all :P )

Most Helpful Girl

• call her and break the ice already for crying out loud lol

• I think I'll have to wait until tomorrow to call. I don't want to come on too strong by contacting her too often... it might scare her off. So I'll be waiting until tomorrow I think. But I'll definitely call :)

• I'm completely fine with calling her :) I'll go for it tomorrow night!

• ok! lol I'm glad you made the decision to phone her. you'll feel better when you do.

What Girls Said 4

• Personally calls are more intimate and its like instead of taking 2 secs to text you call them to talk to them which takes a minute but the best would be in person if you can

• Text. You don't know her well so a phone call can end up in awkward silence.

• Call and if she doesn't pick up because she is busy, leave her a sweat message saying something like " hey, it's (insert name here), call me back when you get a chance." But I bet you can come up with something more clever/ cuter than that lol! Good luck!:)

• As a girl, I would definitely prefer a call. Indeed, it shows more confidence, interest and effort.

What Guys Said 4

• Go with calling. Not just because it appears more confident, but because it makes you more memorable. Tons of guys text and probably quite a few guys have texted her, but your character and personality translate much better over the phone than in a text. Humor and flirting are much easier.

Yeah there's a chance she might be busy, but just leave a message and let her be the one to respond. Once you send that message, don't call her again unless she responds back to you.

• Quick question! So the last time we talked was Sunday night. She ended up not responding to my last text :/ maybe she fell asleep or something... it wasn't the most important text to respond to anyway. But anyway, my question is when should I call her then? I was thinking tomorrow, but would that be too late to ask her out for the weekend?

Thanks! :)

• call her whenever you feel like it. as long as you aren't calling everyday or several times a day, and you're not checking your phone 24/7 waiting for her call as your top priority, it's fine. She's either into you, or she's not - I doubt these little things matter as much. But asking her out via text is perfectly fine. I use phone calls as a way to flirt moreso than a way to arrange times (texting is better for that)

• vote B

• You should just talk to her.

That will exude more confidence and genuineness.

• Calls are a lot more to the heart, chilled and enjoyable for me.

Texts mean very little to me...