Anything to say to a girl next time I see her after she doesn't return text?

So a class of mine was cancelled the other day and I texted a girl in my class whom I'm interested in if she wanted to hang out during the cancelled time. She never replied.

Now I'm just curious what, if anything, should I say when I see her next in class (we sit next to each other and talk after every class recently). I barely know her, though we have socialized at bars before with mutual friends.

I don't think I'll bring it up, just pretend it never happened (right? Isn't that the "right" way for a guy to act?). But I'm kind of curious how I should respond if SHE brings it up. Should I be direct and hint at/straight up say my interest/hang out again? Or just play it off like a cool cucumber?

Sidenote - I'm not a believer in universals when it comes to the dating game, flirting game, etc. I don't think that if a girl doesn't reply to your text, then it's a sign she isn't interested 100% of the time. I know some girls play games or genuinely forget (hell, even I've forgot to text girls I like or even my best friend). That isn't to say, I won't be surprised if she isn't interested, however lol.

Most Helpful Guy

• "I don't think I'll bring it up, just pretend it never happened (right? Isn't that the "right" way for a guy to act?)"

I would agree. That's how I'd treat it.

"I'm kind of curious how I should respond if SHE brings it up. Should I be direct and hint at/straight up say my interest/hang out again? Or just play it off like a cool cucumber?"

I suppose it depends on how she brings it up. If she brought it up by way of apologising for not getting back to you, be gracious, tell her it's no big deal. If she seems like she would have been up for it under other circumstances, then by all means be direct about hanging out some other time.

What Girls Said 2

• Don't bring it up to her. If she says something about it then maybe use that to ask her to do something next time.

• i don't know if I'm just weird but if I don't reply to a guy (which I often do, I know I'm mean, whatever) but I prefer it when a guy calls me out on it.

• I can see that. Like you want a guy to prove he has a spine? lol.

What Guys Said 1

• You should just talk to her in class and ask her why she's not texting.

Perhaps, her phone is away.

Create a flirty atmosphere.