I have a huge crush on a girl. Can you help me play it cool?

Hi, I met a girl who works at a bar two weekends ago. The first was my birthday weekend and she waited on us. There was lots of mutual flirting and I got her number at the end of the night. I texted her in the next week to tell her thanks for taking good care of us and that we would be coming back the next week for another party and she should take care of us again. So last weekend we went back and she waited on us again. This time there was even more flirting between us and I asked her to go out with me and she said yes. Later that night I was rushed quickly out of the bar, and I realized I forgot to tip her. I sent her a message letting her know I was sorry and felt like a jerk and that I wanted to make it up to her. On Sunday, she had to work at another club in the evening. I asked her if I could come by so I could square up with her and see her. I did and she spent a lot of time talking with me and us getting to know each other. I was there for probably 2.5 hours talking. At that time I asked her about our date and we set it up for tues since she was off. (Her pick). She was coughing a bit on Sunday and I sent her a quick text to see how her day was going on Monday and she said she was feeling worse than the day before. She also had told me on Sunday that she had a surgery scheduled on Fri so when she wasn't feeling well on Monday, she said if she was feeling the same on tues she would prob need to stay in and rest. I told her I understood but obviously still wanted to see her and take her to a nice dinner and asked her if I could get a rain check. Yesterday (Tues) I received a message from her saying that she was at the doctors and rain check for sure. I told her I was sorry to hear it, rest up and let me know when you feel up to it. Also just sent her a quick flirty message later at night saying I hoped she was feeling better so I could see her again soon.

I felt a very strong mutual connection when we were together all three times and definitely thought she was interested. Lots of smiling, laughing, flirting, etc. She has also used a lot of pet names, lols, smilies in our texts. How do I move forward with her from here? I had asked for a date, she said yes, got sick and now I don't know how to approach the reschedule. I don't want to be stuck just texting her. I actually want to see her again. I also think that gis rarely initiate so if I leave it open ended about let me know when you feel up to it, she may just fade away. To further complicate things, she has surgery on Friday and will probably be laid up and healing all next week. What do I do? I have had other girls say don't text her and let her come to me. She is very sweet and may even a little shy towards me so I don't know how well that would actually work out. I don't want to play games with her. I am a nice, honest and real person and I think she us the same. Thanks for your help!

Is it possible she's blowing me off? When do I call or text for the reschedule?

Most Helpful Girl

• See if she wants a cuddle buddy while she's healing. Tell her you want to spend time with her, even if its laying around watching TV or a movie while she's healing.

• I doubt she made up a story about surgery to blow you off. Send her a text.

• It might be best if you wait to call after surgery then you can ask her if everything went well and if she needs anything.

• Great idea

What Girls Said 3

• i'd go ahead and call her up, see how she's doing and suggest that maybe I come over to bring dinner or cook. make it a date in...

• You just happened to catch her at a busy inopportune time...you are doing just fine...she likes you but don't overwhelm her...send her a text saying that you hope she is doing well and if you are a Christian let her know that she will be in your prayers...I am assuming that she has now had the surgery...above all be confident...she will be more responsive...you can reschedule the date when she is back at work...a short text each day just so she knows that you are thinking about her...don't ask a question...just wish her well...if she's up to texting she will answer...if she doesn't don't worry...she probably just doesn't feel well...let me know how she responds, if you have any questions drop me a line...I'm pretty good at reading between the lines...good luck and God bless~*~

• you should tell her how you feel and you never know she might like you to

What Guys Said 3

• Take a portrait like photo of you and somehow squeeze in the frame you holding a blanket, and a teddy bear. Send this picture to her phone and say "If you want someone to cuddle with while you recover just give me an address" (This is a spin off of the idea suggested below about offering to take care of her when she is sick - merely an example of it's implementation. True credit goes to the original (female) anon user

~ ArtistBBoy

• you ruined your chance cause you got scared and she smelled it.

• You simply have to reschedule again.

Nothing will happen unless the two of you go out.

• I guess I am trying to figure out how and when I should ask to reschedule. I also don't want to be blind to the possibility of being blown off.