Very strange dilemma with girl and her age.

Say you wanted to date a girl who is 18, and I'm 20. But what if, according to the year she was born, she turns 18 at the end of the year, and you turn 20 at the beginning. So technically you are dating her for a longer time of being 17, than 18, but according to the years you were born, she is still technically only 3 years younger.

Does that make sense?

Does it count as dating someone 3 years younger or 4!

Most Helpful Girl

• Just make it a fraction and its fine if you care that much.

What Girls Said 3

• Are you high? You turn 18 on your birthday. Not January 1st of the year you'll turn 18. That girl is 17.

A person born 1/1/81 is not a year older than someone born 12/31/80. They are basically the same age.

A person born 1/1/81 is not the same ahead someone born 12/31/81. They are basically a year apart.

If she's 17 and you're 20, you have a 3 year age difference.

If she were 18 and you were 20, you'd have a 2 year age difference.

Where the hell did you come up with 4 years?

• Age should not matter as long as you like them.

• What?

You're 20. She's 18. That's all that matters.

I'm 19. My boyfriend is 17. I was born on July 31. He was born on September 6. I will be 20 for a couple months before he turns 18. He's a minor. I'm not. No one cares.

What Guys Said 3

• Your question is "Does that make sense?". Let's go ahead and analyze the syntax of your question? You suggest that I want to date a girl who is 18 and for some reason you being 20 is important. Now according to her birth year she won't actually be 18 till the end of the year, whereas I will turn 20 at the beginning of the year (this is very odd considering I'm 25).

It does not make sense. Watch your pronouns my friend.

• Who gives a sh*t? You are already "dating" so you should be passed the age dilemma by now.

• It's only 3 years gap.

It doesn't matter much.