I texted a guy and he never replied, is it safe to say he's not into me?

dont give me the his battery died bullsh*t.

we are friends we see each other all the time, I'm really disappointed because I thought he was a gentleman.

UPDATEEEE: he is not into me! his no response was rejection! he flat out ignored me in person. and has no interest in me.

what a cruel man. even if he was not interested, I thought we were friends and he would at least handle the situation a bit better. he took the childish, cruel, inhumane and unclassy route and not only did he not reply but he ignored me in person like I was dead to him.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would agree with that. Interested people respond to text messages.

• Not necessarily, not all disinterested people don't reply to texts. You never know what could be going on in their lives that's preventing them from getting back to you. You can't automatically assume it's you. TRUST ME!

• yeah, pretty much what Ineedadvice1989 said...

What Guys Said 23

• I probably think he is not interested in you. Unless it is the wrong number or he a busy person that runs around a lot. But if he really like you a lot or attracted by you already, even if he is busy he will reply. Or you can try to see if you can get him.

• In response to your update, I feel your pain! Girls do it too, happened to me twice in high school. He probably didn't know how to deal with it so decided pretending you don't exist was the easiest thing to do. Look on the bright side: Now that you know he's such a d*ck it'll be easier to move on, right?

• Things happen, technology is not fool proof. There have been times where I haven't received texts that have been sent to me. Also if they are doing something at the moment and read it but don't have time to respond it's not inconceivable that they forget. If it's the first time then relax.

If it isn't the first time, let it go or confront him about it.

• As some others have said, there isn't a universal answer to this. he could be uninterested, sure. But he also could've just been busy and forgot. Or maybe he's playing games with you, trying to draw more interest from you (which appears to be working...).

• Batteries die. Shit happens. His life isn't all about you. No one can give you the answer you're looking for, because we don't have any more information on the situation than you do.

Its perfectly possible his battery died. You don't want to hear it, because you're so neurotic, you believe this MUST be about you, and it MUST be because he's not interested, because your sense of self worth is so ridiculously low. If you stop freaking out, and just wait to see how this pans out, it may pleasantly surprise you. Or it may be just as you expected. Either way, no use freaking out.

• More than likely he is not into you. Some Girls I meet at the bar will give me their numb, but won't reply back ever to me, I figure they weren't that much into me, and I move on to another one.

• at update.. don't worry about him...if you did hook up with him and went on a few dates, he probably would have really broken your heart, pissed you off 10x more because he was using you. Don't worry hun, I have had it happen several times, that's why I call and leave messages and stay away from texting as much as I can.

• If you talk all the time I guess there is no point in ignoring you. Perhaps he just forgot but if he's into you he would never forget a text from you.

• he did not forget he chose to reject me by ignoring

• He could have been busy. DId he reply a couple of hours later stating he was busy and sorry that he couldn't reply right away?

If he didnt, then yes, people that are interested do reply right away ASAP.

• I think if you have given him enough time a couple days so you know it isn't something stupid then yeah your probably rite.

I work in the basement at my job and if people call or text me sometime it does not show up for a day or two sometimes. SO give it a day or to and then yeah you are probably write sorry that is crappy I always try and answer people because I know I have not knowing what's going on.

• Yea he should of handled it better, sorry for you but I'm sure there will be someone else better

• How the f*** is being into you or not, is related to being a gentleman ? ... wtf.

• Not necessarily. I often don't receive texts from people who claim they texted me, and sometimes accidentally delete some before I have read them.Texting is so impersonal as well. I have ignored texts from girls I date at times, but if they would have called me or approached me personally, I would have gone out with them. If you really want to hook up with him, I suggest you do so face to face.

• He could have been busy at the time and just forgot to text you back. Or he might not be into you. But since you say you see him all the time and that you're friends I can't really imagine that he actively chose not to text you just because he's not into you.

You could just ask him next time you are with him.

• I think no response is a response. Kinda childish though

• re: the update

to be completely fair, ignoring (even in person) still doesn't necessarily mean he isn't interested.

But given the said history, that probably is the case. =\

• Never mind.not worth you down.

• Send him another text but with no words... just keep pressing space* and send!

and see what happens next...

simples! (:

• i think he had some personal problems tats why he dint rply oftenly ...so dnt think bad about him...dont yelling at him talk calmly he will tel you the reason

• What did you txt?

• what did you last say to him?

• Idk,it sucks that women tend to not message first and when you do message them they can't keep the conversation going,i met few women who seem interested in me but they never seem to the show same interest while texting and I tend to not message them anymore and just delete them from my phone,

• If it was only one text then it could be anything. I have deleted messages thinking I already read it. If you tried more then once, lose their number, not too many people are going to ignore someone they're into.

• As a guy, I would say it's not a safe assumption.

As an angry girl, you can and will ignore this.

• u don't even provide an explanation...if a guy really cared about a girl, he would reply to her in 2 days.

• Not necessarily. This is the sort of lesson that comes up on this website about 10 times a week.

What Girls Said 2

• It depends- I was worried about this a few days ago when I sent my boyfriend 2 messages in one day and he didn't reply to either of them, I was worried he'd just fell out with me for something. But he still liked me- he told me he saw the messages and just...didn't reply. They weren't of extreme importance so he didn't feel the need to. He still made sure to call the next day to see how I was though :) So I'd say your guy could be into you still regardless :D

• "never replied" as in it's been a day, or like a week?