Is Age a turn off or turn on?

Has it ever happened to you that you're having a great conversation with someone with the opposite gender, you go back and forth, then suddently you shoot the age question in a playful tone and after you have the answer the whole vibe faded? What is an acceptable age gap between men/women dating? I've over heard some girls talking the other day saying that it was something weird for a girl to be dating a younger guy and that one of their friends in her 20's is married and has a children from a 30 year old guy (the tone implied that it was unacceptable).

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends on the people involved as to what age gap would be acceptable. I'm 16 and my crush is 20, but due to things that have happened in my life, I'm mature for my age and am never interested is guys my own age. Also, I've known my crush for years and is one of my best friends and we do everything together, so it's not like we just met.

What Girls Said 4

• For me maturity level and connection that matters more than actual age. Right now, I'm fine with dating a guy who is at most 10 years older than me or 3 years younger than me. My current boyfriend is 7 years older than me. I find as you get older, you become more accepting of wider age gaps since maturity levels across ages tends to level out as you get older. This is unlike when you're younger where a 5 year age gap, like 19/24 can be huge.

• Yes, that's happened to me. I was REALLY attracted to this guy. Then, I he mentioned something about school, and I realized he was in high school. I asked about his age, and he was only 17. I suddenly found myself less attracted to him.

I prefer to date guys in their 20s. Preferably early 20s, like me, but I'll go as old as 30.

• Yes, I don't know why but for some reason younger guys are a huge turn off! I can't help it and I feel so rude. But it is what it is. Its like in my mind I think they are immature or inexperienced

• I don't have a problem dating a guy up to about 7 years older. But I'll only go 2 years younger, any younger than that is a turn off for me.

What Guys Said 2

• That never happened to me.

It must be about the delivery that took the whole vibe off.

• It has happened to me, sure. But not every time. I guess for some girls, it's not an issue because it's only texting. They might feel differently if there was ever a chance we'd meet up.