What should I do? Should I stick to online dating?

Yeah, well... I'm a 23 year old guy, and needless to say, I have had my fair share of dates from online dating; however, it seems to never be in my favour. My only true girlfriend was from Plenty of Fish (she cheated on me), a girl who I thought was nice became wayyy too attached way too quickly, and wouldn't let me leave her house... and last night, I was actually used by a girl for sex. I feel as if online dating is a waste of time, but then that is really my own option, as my social life is really not that thriving. I barely get to hang out with my friends (the few that I have) due to real life in the way, I am not into sports of any sort, I do not really go to the gym anymore (though I used to quite often, about two years ago)... so, yeah. I am at a loss. I am just pretty tired of ladies not going beyond sex with me... it seems like I am only worth sex to them, and that scares me.

Where do I go to meet people? Should I stick to online dating?

Most Helpful Guy

• I know exactly how you feel man. I'm the same age and I've had tons of dates from POF. I've had hookups and flings, but no relationship. The girl I felt closest to was just using me as a rebound and that hurt like hell and destroyed my self-esteem for a period. Off Pof, I've never seem to gotten past a 3rd or 4th date. It kinda made me worry about the same thing. Obviously my appearance isn't the issue, but it makes me think I'm not relationship material. I mean getting hookups is better than getting nothing at all, but hookups and one night stands are only fun for the night they last.

The main reason I use online dating is because I don't have many ways to meet women. When my friends have parties, the only girls there are their girlfriends. When I go to bars, it's usually people I went to high school with and I don't really care to date people I already knew from high school. It also makes it easier for me to find out who has common interests and see who's a better match.

As far as online dating goes, I would say keep searching. You could just be meeting the wrong people and it could take awhile to find the right one. After all, it's a numbers game. You can just use online dating in addition to meeting people at other places.

What Girls Said 2

• I used to online date too... Idk... I kind of give up. I am hoping to join some clubs/groups after I graduate from college in the real world... and hopefully I'll meet someone through that or through a friend. I was always too ashamed to tell people I had met a guy online.. and that's when I realized it really wasn't right.

• I met my boyfriend on plenty of fish and we have been together for over a year. It also depends on the chemistry and since plenty of fish is a free dating site it is harder I think to find someone you are truly compatible with. More reliable dating sites are eharmony and match.com since they have you take some kind of test and match you up with people who they think you would be most compatible with. Although you do have to pay for it. Maybe try joining some kind of extra curricular activity and meet people that way.

What Guys Said 1

• You can have some luck in online dating, though if you step in the outside world, your chances are greater.