Can you sometimes not realized you received a texts

It's happened to me once before so I know it happens but it's rare. I had texted one of my guy friends nearly 2 weeks ago about a surprise I had for him & if he wanted to come over. He never responded. Today (after 2 weeks) he texts me "Oh my god how did I not get this? Do you wanna come hang out tonight or something and you can give me the surprise?"

Do you think he's lying or is it possible he never saw it or his phone never alerted him?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes I don't here the noise or the icon doesn't show if I was on the text screen before. Sometimes I may be in a hurry someplace and open a text thinking to read it, but before I can I need to stop and then I close it with out replying/thinking about it again and it is forgotten.

I don't see why he would respond if he wasn't interested.

And who isn't curious about a surprise!?

What Guys Said 3

• it happened to me before, when I saw the message but didn't reply immediately. usually I don't reply message immediately when I was really busy, or I just don't want to talk to that person at the moment. but if I don't want to talk to the person, I wouldn't reply him/her to ask to hang out, so I am quite sure your guy friend is saying the truth.

• i keep my phone in my back pocket and unless I'm sitting down I can't hear or feel it vibrate. Hell even sometimes when I'm sitting I can't feel it

• yup, I do it all the time. if I'm somewhere I can't answer I just silence it and if I don't remember to go back and check it they slide past.

What Girls Said 2

• yes it's possible he never saw it. it's happened to me before and then get the angry text follow up as to why I didn't reply to the other text and I'm huh? so yeah it's very possible he overlooked your text.

• Thank you! This was very helpful to hear.

• yeah I hope things work out with you and him. hope he likes his surprise you got him. who doesn't love surprises :o)

• I have an iphone and if you text be back really quickly after I text you it doesn't make a sound or notify me in anyway.

If he didn't want the surprise or you, he likely wouldn't have replied at all.