25 year old guy dating an 18 year old girl?

I am a 25 year old guy, who has never dated before, but before you jump to conclusions let me tell you a little about my life. When I was 17 years old, my Dad was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's disease. He took it really hard, and my Mom needed my help to take care of him. He became a really rotten person as his condition got worse, he tried to commit suicide several times, usually on holidays and my birthday. Most of my time was spent taking care of him and working to help provide for the family. After a year my Dad was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's disease, my younger brother left home, because he couldn't take it anymore. He cut all contacts with the family, and I haven't seen him since the day he left. My Dad died when I turned 21. It was hard on me, and my Mom. But I didn't have much time to mourn, because my Mom was diagnosed with cancer. She died later that year. This was all very hard on me, but I knew I couldn't just cry all day. All of these deaths changed me, it is a dog eat dog world, I knew I had to be physically and mentally tough. I realized the importance of being healthy and strong, I started eating extremely clean and exercising six days a week, and practiced martial arts. I have been living this kind of lifestyle ever seen I have been 19. I am no longer, the shy, weak kid I used to be. I am very physically fit, and strong, six pack abs all year long lol. Unfortunately the stress I had to go through, did cause me to start losing my hair, I decided to buzz it off. Now I wear a tight buzz cut. People have told me I kind of look like Jason Statham's younger brother (lol). Anyway, after my Mom died, I went to college, and got a pretty good stable job. Now for the first time in my life I have to time to start dating, and I would like to start a family. Time flies though, I can't believe I am 25. I never really experienced the "college life" or my "wild teenage years", and that doesn't really matter to me. Anyway, I am open for dating for the first time in my life, now that I have the time to. But the ironic thing is a lot of 18 and 19 year old girls are interested in me. It is ironic because, when I was their age, girls wanted nothing to do with me, mostly because of my situation. I have been politely telling them that I am not interested, because I was thinking I was too old for them. But I was thinking the other night, that maybe I am not too old for them. I mean, I am very fit, and have a stable job, I am not some pervert. I guess my question is, is it acceptable for a 25 year old guy like me, to date an 18 year old girl. Thank you for taking the time to read my background.

Most Helpful Girl

• Like the guy below said, it comes down to maturity level more so than age. I dated a 24 year old at 18. That went to hell in a hand basket rather fast. He was attractive to me (beyond the physical) because he knew what he wanted and he was over the whole party thing. But I lacked the life experience and in the end, that's what drove us apart. There is a huge difference between the person I was at 18, starting university and the person I am now at 20, almost done university.

You can date those 18 year olds but I think you're going to find its not nearly as good as you want it to be. You are done school, you don't want someone starting school. You are likely going to be ready to settle down long before she is.

You can try, but you might find that you are indeed "too old for them."

What Girls Said 3

• Im sorry for your losses, you've had it rough but it sounds like your turning your life around for the good.
    But to answer your question: I think it's completely acceptable. Personally I wouldn't date someone who was more than 10 years older and no one younger than myself. I actually just got out of a relationship, he was 25 and I am 18. I am mature for my age and he was a little immature for his. I always knew that I wanted to date a guy who was older than me by more than a few years because of my maturity. Anyways it was working we just wanted different things in life is all. Other people didn't like our age gap but we didn't care and neither should you. If you and her both are OK with it then it doesn't matter. Since you are both over 18 there are no laws preventing it.

***Just be with who ever makes you happy no matter what other people say.***

• I think its ok.

• thats not really an age gap. go for it.

What Guys Said 4

• Eh... Here's the thing. You are going to want to date someone at your maturity level. There is a huge difference in maturity between a College freshman and a college graduate. It's just a really vital time for growth.

So, what I think you'll end up finding is that any relationship with someone that young usually won't work out. Odds are good that you will search for someone more intellectual and someone who can relate to you. Those relationships will last longer. Or, there is a chance that the girl will start looking for someone her age. Someone who she can experience college with. Someone she can closer relate to.

So, its not so much whether or not dating an 18 year old girl is ok.. It's more a question of whether or not it is even worth it. I think you'll find its not. I'd try dating someone who is at least a college graduate or close to graduating. That sounds like a better match for you. I just can't ever see an 18 year old and 25 year old working out together.

• I commend you on what you have had to deal with. Many people could not handle what you have been through. I have dated some 18 yro girls and found it to be more comfortable when they are within a year or two of my age. However, everyone is different and I hope you can find happiness in the "new" dating scene you are entering. Have an open mind and enjoy.

• Do what you want I guess

• It seems acceptable , though you will get eyes from the public.