How to tell her that I don't like her?

I met with this girl few times, we kissed.. so maybe that's why she thinks can be something more. But after this kissing I realized I don't like her that much..

I stopped writing to her but she calls me, send me messages.. I reply her that I don't have time to meet now, I'm busy, I have problems.. will she leave me? I don't want to tell her directly that I don't like her because it will hurt her.

Most Helpful Girl

• ignoring is the worse way to do it, saying your busy is the worse way to do it, be a real man and be honest tell her you can only be friends.

a guy did this to me recently he ignored me and we see each other in person he would give me smirks its seriously the most degrading feeling ever. I don't respect him anymore. if he had told me that he sees me as only a friend, or he's seeing someone else, or I'm like a sister to him, then I would appreciate his honesty and be like okay at least he was noble about it.

What Girls Said 12

• guys like you suck- get a set of balls please. be direct and respectful. You think your so great she can't handle the truth?/ Get over yourself jeez.

• If you ignore her... she will get it... eventually, BUT it will hurt her much more. Because of guys like you when we get into relationships with amazing, honest men, and they don't text us back because they are ACTUALLY busy, we start imagining the worst... oh, no, he's not interested anymore. This is, he still is interested, you weren't and you didn't tell us. Just be straight with her, if you're such a scared little chicken send her a text: ''sorry (her name), I can't see you anymore because I don't really feel chemistry between us.''

• I'm with most everyone else...

I was in that girl's place and it SUCKS being lied to, pretending you can still hang out sometimes when in reality you just wish she'd vanish from the face of the earth. She goes after you because, ironically, she cares about you, and in doing so she's probably putting her pride aside and open herself to rejection. The least you could is respect that feeling (if you can't respect HER) and be honest.

Don't come up with excuses and say "maybe it's because of this", be clear and assertive, and don't go with the kissing bs either. It's a bit naive getting disappointed if you don't see stars sparkling after kissing someone for the first time, IMHO...

• It's nice of you to want to spare her feelings, but you need to be upfront about this. Tell her that you like her in a non-romantic way ONLY. It might hurt her, but it is better then making her think you might like her when you don't.

• @I reply her that I don't have time to meet now, I'm busy, I have problems..

this is really disrespectful. you're not worried abot hurting her. you just don't feel like confronting her.

if you care then be honest. tell her you're not interested. it'll sting but shell get over it. and quickly. nothing kills feelings fora person like knowing they don't return them.

the way you're doing , Either she will think you're being honest so not get over you, or shell know you really don't like her. in which case it still sucks PLUS you're not respecting her. which is way worse than being 'hurt'.

youre allowed to not like everyone you kiss. no one can expect that of you... but you should be respectful.

youre playng games right now be an adult.

• Well, you gotta tell her, what you do is nice, but right know she thinks she has a shot it you and leaving her and that middle position in hope it hurts more, cause she's probably wondering if you like her or not, she takes it as mixed signals from you. You gotta tell her, but try not to sound rude, cause no matter what you say and how you do, to her it will be rude. Just tell her how you feel.

• Tell her you don't like her that way and the chemistry isn't there, that you want to move on and see other people. Simple. :)

Telling her directly will hurt her less than giving her mixed signals and prolonging her hope. Trust me.

• when did the men of this world becoming such wimps

• You should be honest with her an tell her in a NICE way.

• Be honest and don't lead her on. She will be more hurt the longer you drag this on.

• don't write to her anymore.ignore her messages until she gets it

• It hurts more to be lied to. You are making it worse and only trying to save yourself being incomfortable, by not telling her. Just tell her that you enjoyed getting to know her but you aren't interested in dating. That simple. Quit wasting her time.

What Guys Said 6

• You're already hurting her. Stop being a wuss, man up, talk to her in person and let her know that you think she's a great person, but just not the one for you.

• You need to tell her... Right now your taking the easy way out... It's funny that you don't want her to feel like sh*t but your ignoring her how else is she gonna feel... Imagine you guys switched places and your chasing her but she doesn't answer and ignore you that's frustrating. Wouldn't you want the truth or straight up answer? It's not like y'all can't be friends after...

• Be honest but nice. It bothers me when people try to give me signs when all they have to do is drop a few words...

• this question reeks of bullsh*t.. lol probably a fantasy a guy wishes would happen!

• You should just be blunt with her.

Yes, of course she'll leave you since you're being uninterested with ther.

• Just be as pleasant as possible about it, while still being entirely unambiguous about your (lack of) feelings. But, inevitably, she will be hurt.