I met a girl online but she lives an hour and a half away, is it worth it to meet her?

I have been on this online dating site for a while, mainly just for fun, to flirt with girls and stuff, never planning to do anything serious with anyone I've chatted with.

But This one girl I met over a year ago, just clicked with me, she has an addictive personality, you can tell even over an online chat, which most I admit you can't. And she is honestly one of the girls I've most ever been attracted to, personality...everything.

We've been Facebook friends over the past year and still keep in touch to this day, but have never met up. Why? Well meeting up with someone I've only met online seems a little weird to me.

Plus even though she's only a year older than me, she looks much older than me, of course I look younger than I actually am, I don't know if that'd be an issue for her? or if she'd even want to meet me half way? like a 50 minute drive half way. If we did hit it off, how much of a problem would the distance make?

Should I just suck it up and ask her if she'd be willing to give it a shot?

Most Helpful Girl

• Definitely!

Distance is just a number. If you don't give it a shot, can you live with the what-ifs?

If you guys do hit it off, congratulations! Do keep in mind that you are lucky that it's only 50 minutes away, and not halfway round the world. =]

What Girls Said 16

• My boyfriend and I met online through this site called meetme.com. I know that can be dangerous, but we Skyped and talked on the phone every night for two months before we met. We live 53 miles away (an one 1/2 hour drive), but we've been making it work. We've seen each other 3 times since March 3rd. We're making it work, and we're both still in high school.

You say you've been Facebook friends for a year, so she's not just a poser (that you know of). If she's stayed friends with you for so long, she probably doesn't feel like age is a problem.

I think if you really feel an attraction to her, go for it. Suck it up and make a move. The worst thing that could happen is you find out that it wasn't meant to be. But don't not ask and regret that you never tried. Good luck :)

• If she's really special to you, go for it. If someone was "addictive" to me like that and I had a feeling we would have great physical chemistry, 1-2 hours not enough of a barrier to keep me from at least trying. Meeting halfway is fair. :) Good luck!

• Yes! The way you described the situation just tells me that you have very little to lose and this is the real deal! If you end up in a physical relationship, what's an hours drive every weekend or so. I've heard of worse age differences. GO FOR IT!

• go for it dude you seem happy then you should take a chance don't be to scared to met her you never know where it may end up

• SO worth it . My man and I have been together only a few months. He lives an hour and 15 min away . and works 2 hour away . It is tough and we don’t get to see one another every day but it’s so worth it .HE’s the greatest guy i’ve ever dated . I don't know how you feel about her but things could go very well. Me and my guy are taking things slow cause of the distance and other things, but I’m so glad we met up . hey can’t meet up their is always Skype which my man and I do when we can’t make the drive .

• Go for it, it doesn't seem that far at all, and she will appreciate you made the effort to come see her

• At least make one visit and see what happens

• Hell yeah. That's how I met my current boyfriend. Except he lives closer. But you should definitely go for it! (:

• Yes! Don't let how you met determine the possible future. If I didn't continue dating my boyfriend based on how we met, I wouldn't be with him! So do it!

• Have you guys been talking through webcam with sound and stuff?

First try that.. then meet

• No, why enter in this in difficultly? you'll just regret it went she doesn't move in the the place you plan on getting for the both of you...find a local girl before you fall in love with Ms. so close but yet so far away.

• Probably not, especially if you don't know her too well. I mean, I have trouble getting my guy to come to my place for an afternoon and we're only 15 min away from each other.

• I've had that happen to me (only it was like 8 minutes). He doesn't like you. Trust me. :(

• um I think you have your own relationship problem then...not trying to be offensive

• No, no, I understand you, QA. I don't mean that we don't want to see each other, but that distance is an issue. If we lived closer, were in the same parish, etc. It would be easier if our volunteer schedules lined up rather than taking us in opposite directions, if we worked close to each other or something. The way things are, we have to specifically cull out time to be around each other. I'm saying PHYSICAL DISTANCE just compounds that issue.

• give it a shot. you never know what might happen

• I think you should meet her.

• Sure if you like her. That's not too far.

• No one else can tell you how big of a deal the distance would be. For me personally, it's too much. My guy was away for most the summer last year for work, and it sucked a lot, I was lonely in our house alone all the time. We had been together for a year though, before this job started, so we already had a pretty intimate relationship established already. I need face time to fall in love with someone and it would be hard to start a relationship with distance. Once again though, that's just me. Everyone is different and maybe for you two it would be a possibility. I'd say it's definitely worth the drive once, to at least meet in person.

What Guys Said 4

• Suck it up, ask her if she can come visit and make the effort. If she's that great, why would you hesitate to do the whole drive?

• It should be a mutual effort--how about meet half-way?

• I'm just saying that for me, one hour drive for a girl he's describing to us this way isn't a big deal. Do the chivalrous thing and make the whole drive.

• That's kind of a trek. It's doable, but I probably wouldn't do it myself. lol I'd maintain a good relationship if a girlfriend had to move an hour and a half a way for work, but it's highly unlikely I'd start a new one unless the chemistry was to strong to ignore. About 30 minutes away seams reasonable to me, beyond that it starts to stress the relationship in my opinion.

• why not?

seems like you want this girl so why stop yourself?

I say go for it man

• An hour and a half is a long drive. If you were in a relationship with her, would you be willing to drive an hour and a half every single week?

If you have no other options though, definitely give her a shot. Better than nothing.